Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,547 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I change notification bar icons?

Tip us?

slackerlack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] How do I change notification bar icons?

I am running the CM7 nightly rom on my G2X. I prefer the notification icons, and other PNGs, on the Bionix rom. What is a good way to change the framework-res.apk to get these PNG files to work correctly?

I tried to copy all PNG files from the drawable-hdpi and drawable-land-hdpi on Bionix and placed them in the same folders on the CM7 framework-res.apk. This partially worked. I also copied over AndroidManifest.xml thinking it had the info for image count and other stuff, but same results.

Any thoughts?

zimphishmonger
Old
Thanks Meter 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackerlack View Post
I am running the CM7 nightly rom on my G2X. I prefer the notification icons, and other PNGs, on the Bionix rom. What is a good way to change the framework-res.apk to get these PNG files to work correctly?

I tried to copy all PNG files from the drawable-hdpi and drawable-land-hdpi on Bionix and placed them in the same folders on the CM7 framework-res.apk. This partially worked. I also copied over AndroidManifest.xml thinking it had the info for image count and other stuff, but same results.

Any thoughts?
Try JUST copying images over and make SURE you arent accidentally adding extra images. You can also try the UOT theme kitchen for a more automated method
| Device: LG Nexus 4 | Morfic's Trinity or Bricked Kernels |

| Device: Google Nexus7 | Trinity Kernel |

wewoapsiak
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Images you can drag and drop. xml files you can't. You have to decompile the apk edit the xml and then recompile the apk.
XDA is already at max capacity for snobs, elitists, and know-it-alls; don't become one. Always remember to be respectful, you had to start at the bottom too.

{Insert useless & gigantic list here for e-peen points}