FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

S-off is coming! Documentation being prepared!

1,739 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,427
 
By xl VipeR lx, Senior Member on 22nd June 2011, 12:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Many sensation owners do not believe that S-off wil be coming by HTC. too all you disbelievers out there, i attach proof. Just spoke to a customer advisor right now. this is what i was told. i thought i would make a new thread as all the other threads get clogged up with off topic clutter, so please keep this topic related, and update it if we receive any more info on bootloaders. There is hope out there

Naturally i pencilled in my device number
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	htc.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	633044  
Last edited by xl VipeR lx; 22nd June 2011 at 01:12 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xl VipeR lx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
22nd June 2011, 12:28 PM |#2  
MLIGN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waco, TX
Thanks Meter: 192
 
Donate to Me
More
I hope this is true, I mean it shouldn't be hard for them HTC to unlock their own bootloaders! Look at Motorola they did it. Hopefully it will be soon! Before fall I am keeping my fingers crossed!
The Following User Says Thank You to MLIGN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2011, 12:31 PM |#3  
vladnosferatu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leiria
Thanks Meter: 1,727
 
Donate to Me
More
i hope we will have the S-OFF in a few days ....

i cant live much more with s-on
22nd June 2011, 12:37 PM |#4  
baadnewz's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 30,949
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladnosferatu

i hope we will have the S-OFF in a few days ....

i cant live much more with s-on

well i guess if it's real will take a couple of weeks
22nd June 2011, 12:40 PM |#5  
imblacklife's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Of course no comments on the date....sigh at HTC.
22nd June 2011, 12:42 PM |#6  
xl VipeR lx's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 2,427
 
Donate to Me
More
I know. And of course its true. The ref number erased. Is my sensation. They are just repairing fuzzy earpiece.
But i asked him for an update on the bootloaders, if they would unlock mine and date. Those were his replies

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
22nd June 2011, 12:44 PM |#7  
wallah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 98
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLIGN

I hope this is true, I mean it shouldn't be hard for them HTC to unlock their own bootloaders! Look at Motorola they did it. Hopefully it will be soon! Before fall I am keeping my fingers crossed!

+1 for that, why we don't have the same unlocking process like Sony ??
22nd June 2011, 12:44 PM |#8  
EddyOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,773
 
More
I'm not really fussed with S-OFF as the internal memory is the only reason I rooted my Desire BUT it would be nice to remove the apps I don't use just to tidy things up a bit. That and put the stock boot animations on
22nd June 2011, 12:46 PM |#9  
Inquitus's Avatar
Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

I'm not really fussed with S-OFF as the internal memory is the only reason I rooted my Desire BUT it would be nice to remove the apps I don't use just to tidy things up a bit. That and put the stock boot animations on

I'd like to see CM7 on mine, much preferred CM7 + launcher Pro on my Desire to Stock HTC Sense on my Sensation.
22nd June 2011, 12:47 PM |#10  
xl VipeR lx's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 2,427
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallah

+1 for that, why we don't have the same unlocking process like Sony ??


Htc probably wanna cover.their back from noobs who brick their devices
Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to xl VipeR lx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2011, 12:50 PM |#11  
MLIGN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waco, TX
Thanks Meter: 192
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikhzter

Htc probably wanna cover.their back from noobs who brick their devices
Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

If your a noob and you brick your device, you should be required to pay a fee for them to unbrick it. That should only be fair.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, s off, sensation, unlocked

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes