MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Heads up on Newegg return...

OP jateelover

22nd June 2011, 03:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

67 posts
Got my transformer last night, i expected some light bleed, but this one had TONS. It must have been in at least 8 originating places, some large, some small. So I figured I'd have to pay return shipping to Newegg, but I wanted to ask a few questions first. I chatted with on online rep and she immediately issued me a return UPS label! I don't know if its like this for every item, or just for the transformer because so many are being exchanged, but just chat online and they should issue you a return label. Figured it was good to know for those looking to buy and those who already have purchased through newegg...

--also attached a pic...you can see its unacceptable...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0311.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	633120  
22nd June 2011, 03:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
In case anyone did not know, if you ask for an "advanced replacement" Newegg will ship out your exchange immediately before the return has been received. Your credit card will not be charged again unless the return is not received within 30 days. Each week you waste in RMA Hell is just another week closer to better tablets being released or prices dropping. I believe you also only get a 30 day return window from the date of your original invoice so anything you can do to expedite the process increases the number of chances you get to receive 1 of acceptable quality.

I am thinking about trying 1 more exchange as my transformer still has defects - as this is my second and it is of much better quality than my first, I will probably just wait until the new exchange arrives and then send back which ever 1 I like the least.
Last edited by Pisugtooq; 22nd June 2011 at 03:20 PM.
22nd June 2011, 03:18 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 218

1,178 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jateelover

Got my transformer last night, i expected some light bleed, but this one had TONS. It must have been in at least 8 originating places, some large, some small. So I figured I'd have to pay return shipping to Newegg, but I wanted to ask a few questions first. I chatted with on online rep and she immediately issued me a return UPS label! I don't know if its like this for every item, or just for the transformer because so many are being exchanged, but just chat online and they should issue you a return label. Figured it was good to know for those looking to buy and those who already have purchased through newegg...

What's that bright white light on top of the picture? Is that a super lightbleed?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
22nd June 2011, 03:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

67 posts
Lol no...its the black picture i got from google...just had a white dot on it...so how do i request an advanced return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalhit

What's that bright white light on top of the picture? Is that a super lightbleed?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

22nd June 2011, 04:47 PM   |  #5  

21 posts
Jatee,

It's actually referred to as "cross-shipping." You just call and choose the return option. When you get a rep tell them you would like them to ship out a replacement immediately and they will provide you an RMA, a UPS shipping label, and then ask for your credit card. The card is used in case you never send back the damaged one. You have 30 days total to get them the damaged unit back and then nothing is done with your credit card.
22nd June 2011, 05:07 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 163

1,481 posts
Donate to Me
More
yea newegg is awesome like that, no questions asked. Western Digital does that too.
dorino1
22nd June 2011, 08:20 PM   |  #7  

n/a posts
And this is why you buy anything with an LCD from a reliable retailer. NewEgg's recent policy changes on LCD monitors have convinced me they're in it to please the customer, not just make money.
22nd June 2011, 08:25 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

67 posts
Just got off the phone with them. I can confirm they will ship a replacement before they receive a defective item. They had no problem cross shipping, so i will receive the other one hopefully on saturday. Awesome customer service...
22nd June 2011, 08:30 PM   |  #9  
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 155

928 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jateelover

Whoa! Dude ! That's bad, really bad !

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
22nd June 2011, 10:55 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

67 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho2097

Whoa! Dude ! That's bad, really bad !

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

I know right? I expected some bleed, but i couldn't believe this...hopefully this next one is better...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread