Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Flash playback on TF vs Tab 10.1

OP Srikar_NBK

22nd June 2011, 06:01 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 20

278 posts
There is no fix for this problem. Only Asus can provide a solution. And i hope they doing it asap.
22nd June 2011, 06:03 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 963

2,999 posts
me too.. so annoying as oit works on any other 3.1 tablet...
22nd June 2011, 06:58 PM   |  #13  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 34

345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikar_NBK

I have both TF and the Tab 10.1 right now and contemplating returning one. I liked both the tablets, but one little issue I dont like about the TF is flash playback. Flash playback even in 720p, is ultra smooth on the 10.1, while its choppy at best on the TF. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Anyone running custom ROMs able to fix this? Would getting the browser apk from the Tab 10.1 fix this issue on thr TF?

yes, i am reakkt disappoint about the flash performance..though i love my transformer.

hope it will be solved soon, like the youtube app playback issue
22nd June 2011, 07:42 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 6

144 posts
I agree that the weak threads about nonsense details between tablets and which is better are useless. This thread, however, is clearly asking an important question. Why are tablets that essentially use the same hardware and same software performing differently?
dorino1
22nd June 2011, 08:01 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
I have had no issues with flash playback being "choppy". I would use the speed test, but my tab is in Texas right now. Haha.

Anyway, this is definately a software issue and you can expect a fix either on XDA or courtesy of Asus. It's not something that will always be a problem and shouldn't be a deciding factor, imo.

Afterall, can't you root and install a custom ROM to alleviate the problem?
22nd June 2011, 08:42 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86

555 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorino1

Afterall, can't you root and install a custom ROM to alleviate the problem?

That was a part of my question too. This is one of the deciding factor for me right now, bcoz I spend lot of time on Youtube and I have major buffering issues using the youtube app on both tabs, which strangely is not there when using flash
22nd June 2011, 09:29 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 3

13 posts
Mine is rooted running Prime 1.4, latest clem kernel, OC'd to 1.6ghz and it still is only getting 9-10. Tried in stock browser as well as Dolphin HD. I'm not sure where the bottleneck is... Not sure if it helps anyone but for some relative numbers, the quadrant score is 4000+.

So, it seems to not be a processing power bottleneck but some other factor.
dorino1
22nd June 2011, 11:31 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasgh

Mine is rooted running Prime 1.4, latest clem kernel, OC'd to 1.6ghz and it still is only getting 9-10. Tried in stock browser as well as Dolphin HD. I'm not sure where the bottleneck is... Not sure if it helps anyone but for some relative numbers, the quadrant score is 4000+.

So, it seems to not be a processing power bottleneck but some other factor.

Of course it isn't the processing power. When he's saying other tablets with identical clock speeds and identical processors perform better, that's a given! lol

I'd get an advanced task manager-type app and go through disabling features and turning off background programs until the problem is resolved. Troubleshoot it.
22nd June 2011, 11:42 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 107

442 posts
It's not a processing problem as that test video clearly shows that the transformer is using software decoding rather than the hardware decoding it should be using.

It's either an issue of missing libs on the transformer or Flash falling back to software decoding when it shouldn't be. I'll steal a copy of the flash system libs from the tab and install them in the transformer to see if that fixes the issue.

sassafras
22nd June 2011, 11:42 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 419

2,354 posts
Just ran the test, and I'm getting the same poor results. And, I'm not sure if it's relevant (might not be saying what I'm thinking it is), but the test video also indicates software decoding. Not sure if this should say hardware decoding, but it sure seems like it would make sense.

This does seem like an issue if other Honeycomb 3.1/Tegra 2 tablets are performing better here and/or using hardware decoding. Makes one wonder where else there might be issues.

Asus, if you're checking these threads out, looks like something you should be fixing.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread