XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Evo 4G+

Tip us?

dcfella
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default New Evo 4G+

This was just posted on the new Evo 4G+ being released overseas soon. Basically like an Evo 3D, minus the 3D and with a 8MP camera instead.

I kind of wish Sprint released this as opposed to the 3D.

http://www.phonedog.com/2011/06/22/h...ithout-the-3d/
knowledge561 Old
Thanks Meter
We have an 8mp camera already and it isn't even that great. The 3Ds camera is much better than our Evos. The 3D feature isn't so bad to me, you can just turn it off with the switch. I don't see why people complain about 3D. Just hit the switch. But this phone is pretty good also.

mattykinsx
Old
Thanks Meter 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
I don't see why people complain about 3D. Just hit the switch.
Because if not for the 3D, what would they have to complain about?

Pixel-counts don't mean ****.
R.I.P. Dad 05/04/56 - 04/21/11

n8te_1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
yep...called the rider and will only be relased in south korea is what this is saying

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1133217

Prugor
Old
Thanks Meter 7
So an Evo 4G with a physical camera button, better cpu, more ram, better display, etc, etc, etc.

Seems... interesting.

rymden
Old
Thanks Meter 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
I don't see why people complain about 3D. Just hit the switch. But this phone is pretty good also.
You don't just 'hit the switch.' That 'switch' is specifically for the camera.

mlin
Old
Thanks Meter 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by conqu1stador View Post
You don't just 'hit the switch.' That 'switch' is specifically for the camera.
Right, so hit the switch and avoid 3D content, its pretty easy if you don't want to use 3D you don't have to.
2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.

Device: Galaxy Note 3
ROM: Incognito_v1.1.1

rymden
Old
(Last edited by rymden; 22nd June 2011 at 08:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Right, so hit the switch and avoid 3D content, its pretty easy if you don't want to use 3D you don't have to.
Left, you might have missed the point; the 'switch' doesn't just kill 3D. Avoid 3D content all you want, you don't 'flip the switch' and it turns off. That's all I was saying.

mlin
Old
Thanks Meter 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by conqu1stador View Post
You might have missed the point; the 'switch' doesn't just kill 3D. Avoid 3D content all you want, you don't 'flip the switch' and it turns off. That's all I was saying.
Fair enough. All I was saying is no one is forced to use the 3D option. I figured anyone bitching about the 3D option would likely avoid 3D content otherwise they would be a hypocrite. Thus, just hitting the switch takes care of the woes of anyone that is anti-3D.
2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.

Device: Galaxy Note 3
ROM: Incognito_v1.1.1

rymden
Old
(Last edited by rymden; 22nd June 2011 at 08:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I figured anyone bitching about the 3D option would likely avoid 3D content otherwise they would be a hypocrite. Thus, just hitting the switch takes care of the woes of anyone that is anti-3D.
I'm not denying that some people will get up on this phone for everything BUT the 3D, but that wasn't the point of the comment;

My initial comment was that 'hitting the switch' doesn't just 'disable 3D.' People keep saying that, but it's not the case. So, now, instead of being able to disable 3D, you should just avoid it? Sure, maybe that makes sense. No need to get all defensive over your phone of tomorrow. Was merely responding to someone else's comment. Not sure why you have to make it anything more than it was.