Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

New Evo 4G+

22nd June 2011, 07:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38

279 posts
This was just posted on the new Evo 4G+ being released overseas soon. Basically like an Evo 3D, minus the 3D and with a 8MP camera instead.

I kind of wish Sprint released this as opposed to the 3D.

http://www.phonedog.com/2011/06/22/h...ithout-the-3d/
knowledge561
22nd June 2011, 07:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
We have an 8mp camera already and it isn't even that great. The 3Ds camera is much better than our Evos. The 3D feature isn't so bad to me, you can just turn it off with the switch. I don't see why people complain about 3D. Just hit the switch. But this phone is pretty good also.
22nd June 2011, 07:56 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 854

4,638 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge561

I don't see why people complain about 3D. Just hit the switch.

Because if not for the 3D, what would they have to complain about?

Pixel-counts don't mean ****.
22nd June 2011, 07:59 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

69 posts
yep...called the rider and will only be relased in south korea is what this is saying

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1133217
22nd June 2011, 08:01 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

102 posts
So an Evo 4G with a physical camera button, better cpu, more ram, better display, etc, etc, etc.

Seems... interesting.
22nd June 2011, 08:02 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 524

2,894 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge561

I don't see why people complain about 3D. Just hit the switch. But this phone is pretty good also.

You don't just 'hit the switch.' That 'switch' is specifically for the camera.
22nd June 2011, 08:05 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,014

4,087 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by conqu1stador

You don't just 'hit the switch.' That 'switch' is specifically for the camera.

Right, so hit the switch and avoid 3D content, its pretty easy if you don't want to use 3D you don't have to.
22nd June 2011, 08:08 PM   |  #8  

2,894 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin

Right, so hit the switch and avoid 3D content, its pretty easy if you don't want to use 3D you don't have to.

Left, you might have missed the point; the 'switch' doesn't just kill 3D. Avoid 3D content all you want, you don't 'flip the switch' and it turns off. That's all I was saying.
Last edited by rymden; 22nd June 2011 at 08:12 PM.
22nd June 2011, 08:12 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1,014

4,087 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by conqu1stador

You might have missed the point; the 'switch' doesn't just kill 3D. Avoid 3D content all you want, you don't 'flip the switch' and it turns off. That's all I was saying.

Fair enough. All I was saying is no one is forced to use the 3D option. I figured anyone bitching about the 3D option would likely avoid 3D content otherwise they would be a hypocrite. Thus, just hitting the switch takes care of the woes of anyone that is anti-3D.
22nd June 2011, 08:18 PM   |  #10  

2,894 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin

I figured anyone bitching about the 3D option would likely avoid 3D content otherwise they would be a hypocrite. Thus, just hitting the switch takes care of the woes of anyone that is anti-3D.

I'm not denying that some people will get up on this phone for everything BUT the 3D, but that wasn't the point of the comment;

My initial comment was that 'hitting the switch' doesn't just 'disable 3D.' People keep saying that, but it's not the case. So, now, instead of being able to disable 3D, you should just avoid it? Sure, maybe that makes sense. No need to get all defensive over your phone of tomorrow. Was merely responding to someone else's comment. Not sure why you have to make it anything more than it was.
Last edited by rymden; 22nd June 2011 at 08:20 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread