Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 54,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Sense 3.0 ROM For Evo?

Tip us?

AL ROCK EVO4G
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Talking Synergy

Yeah im going with Synergy ROM. this thing is smooth runs everything you would want and more then the EVO 3D ROM. plus you have landscape mood on the home screen and i have to say i have seen my battery life greatly improve since i have downloaded Synergy.
Big ups to those Devos.

doejohn
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have been trying a few sense roms these days. First installed the Synergy rom, liked it. Then tried the MikG. Good smooth rom but the battery life wasn't up there. I got better battery life with synergy. Then the synergy rc1 came about with god mode. No matter what I did can't get god mode to work with my evo. So installed the regular RC1. Awesome Rom, good battery performance. Almost every thing works.
I am hearing good things about kingdom rom, I guess thats my next rom

Things I have learned so far after being a romoholic for couple of months.
1. There is always something that won't work on any rom. No matter how good it is.
2. No matter what rom you have you will get better battery life with custom kernels.
3. I have usally got better battery life with AOSP roms. I have been impressed with Destroyer ROM and MIUI.

ranaroath
Old
Thanks Meter 0
sorry guys, im kind of new to this. im running 2.3 gingerbread and cant root my phone yet. soooo i was gonna ask if i can run the roms on my phone without root??? i wanted to do the virusking but after reading im interesting in the synergy...

alex.johnston
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranaroath View Post
sorry guys, im kind of new to this. im running 2.3 gingerbread and cant root my phone yet. soooo i was gonna ask if i can run the roms on my phone without root??? i wanted to do the virusking but after reading im interesting in the synergy...
You cannot run custom roms unless you have root permissions. Your best bet would either wait until a root method comes out for android 2.3 or downgrade your phone to android 2.2 and then root. Good Luck!

bodyshop
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Default Root is available for 2.3.3 gingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.johnston View Post
You cannot run custom roms unless you have root permissions. Your best bet would either wait until a root method comes out for android 2.3 or downgrade your phone to android 2.2 and then root. Good Luck!
Root is here now, if you didnt know? I can confirm it is s-off and working.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1218386

xplus93
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I know this thread is a bit old, but I didn't want to start a new thread just to get an up to date answer. What is currently the best sense 3.0 rom forthe evo? More preferably would be sense 3.5 but none of those look close to stable.

DisplacedMic
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplus93 View Post
I know this thread is a bit old, but I didn't want to start a new thread just to get an up to date answer. What is currently the best sense 3.0 rom forthe evo? More preferably would be sense 3.5 but none of those look close to stable.
well - i still love Synergy. worked great for me out of the box and i've had very few problems with it.

shonmac11
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have the hybrid beta 9 blazingRom a sense 3.5. Its only missing 4G and has a couple of force closes when using the bookmarks widget. Other then that its pretty stable and fast without any over/under clocking

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

DisplacedMic
Old
Thanks Meter 12
FEARMEde is 3.5 as well and getting pretty good reviews.

No 4g yet

there are some good reviews on youtube for it as well

xplus93
Old
Thanks Meter 31
well, im getting my evo tomorrow so i'll be trying some of those roms out first im gonna try fearmede then virus