I made this template through trial and error.
The template is in .psd format.
There are 6 layers.
- 1 Landscape homepage outline (Green)
- 2 Portrait homepage outline (Red)
- 3 Landscape Icon Grid (White)
- 4 Test border (Red) used to test borders.
- 5 Wallpaper Dead Space (Greenish, used to show dead space)
- 6 Background (Dark Grey)
To use in GIMP. After opening template, goto file, open as layer. make sure opened layer is between 4 & 5th layers. Align, turn off visibility to all layers but 5 & 6, then save as a png.
Upload to tab and use stock Gallery and stretch as far as possible.
Again, the green is dead space, it will not appear once loaded.
Thumbs of template:
Here are a couple of wallpapers, not great wallpapers, but HD images to show the power of our screens.
Google Storage with More Images
I just removed the other images, they are too big, they can be found at the link above.