Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 43,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Radio Shack Trade in price?

Tip us?

anthonyramaru
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Radio Shack Trade in price?

So I'm a little confused about the whole trade in price of the original Evo 4G. According to the ad is states that they are giving $100 toward the purchase of the Evo 3d, but on Radio Shack's website the trade in value for an Evo in excellent condition is $158. If anyone that works for Radio Shack could answer this it would be greatly appreciated. I was actually thinking about trading in my Evo tomorrow to see what the value would be.
The Following User Says Thank You to anthonyramaru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jshields1986
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyramaru View Post
So I'm a little confused about the whole trade in price of the original Evo 4G. According to the ad is states that they are giving $100 toward the purchase of the Evo 3d, but on Radio Shack's website the trade in value for an Evo in excellent condition is $158. If anyone that works for Radio Shack could answer this it would be greatly appreciated. I was actually thinking about trading in my Evo tomorrow to see what the value would be.
thanks for the post im on the same boat in this confusion, truth be told id rather get 158 for the phone and then not have to pay anything for my 3d

Curb71
Old
Thanks Meter 29
why dont you call a few radio shacks and ask?
Evo LTE

anthonyramaru
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
The Radio Shack by me is already closed. Just trying to see if anyone had the answer. Working all day tomorrow and was gonna have someone do it for me.

Curb71
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyramaru View Post
The Radio Shack by me is already closed. Just trying to see if anyone had the answer. Working all day tomorrow and was gonna have someone do it for me.
lol. well, I'm $43/hour. how many stores do you want me to call tomorrow?
Evo LTE
The Following User Says Thank You to Curb71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jshields1986
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
lol. well, I'm $43/hour. how many stores do you want me to call tomorrow?
I lol'd...

call them all. at the very least 15 in each state

DeathBySnuggles
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I just called my radio shack. They will only do the $100. I told them the site says $158. They said they can't price match it when it comes to the 3d purchase because it has come from corporate. So maybe trade in for a different phone. Return it after 15 seconds and get the 3d? Me, I'm just going to sprint first thing in the am and if they have stock I'll just get it there and use my RS gift card for accessories.

Bukem75
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Not much use in a RS thread,but my local sprint store is giving 150... and I don't even have to unroot. Keep the SD card and charger... just hand over the phone
Samsung Galaxy S3 ►Hey Sprint: Where's my LTE◄

Forrest250r
Old
Thanks Meter 2
NO NO NO NO!!!! guys! i worked at the shack and now dont lol. SO! heres what you do! You trade in your EVO for the regular trade in price of 158, you DO NOT trade it in towards your evo3d that will only get you your 100 trade in.... so go in and say hey i wanna trade in this phone, it should still be 158 till at least thursday or friday then im sure it will plummet, i traded mine in for the 158 and then used 50 of the trade in to preorder it =) soooo theres your insider tip!

m3latino
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Did just that at the Sprint store today. Gave them my rooted OG Evo for a $150 credit. Kept sd card and charger. No issues at all.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App