Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Returning GT 10.1 !

OP tonyurquiza

23rd June 2011, 07:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
So i received the tablet today from amazon. Upon arrival i noticed the really poor job of packing on amazon's part. The box was a cheap thing box with not type of padding like bubble wrap or packing peanuts. My question is who in their right mind decided to ship a $500 item under such poor conditions. I've bought books on amazon with better packing than this! So i open the boxes and take out the tablet and attempt to power it on. No Dice! In every unboxing that i have seen online the reviewer was able to power on the tablet no power. So i think to myself, ok let me plug this in so i plug it in and press the power button and i see the galaxy tab 10.1 screen so you would think hooray right? Wrong! it immediately changed to to this weird battery power off screen and it was a cycle it would come on the turn off on and of etc.. so i think leave it plugged in for a half hour. i come back to find the tablet doing the same thing over and over and over again. At this point i'm fed up! so i call samsung and they could offer me no better solution but to leave it plugged in two hours straight and attempt to power it on again... really? so i do as i was told and still no cigar. So i realized that there is not much to do but send it back to amazon in the A.M great now i have to deal with then :/ Oh well i guess i'm getting an Ipad2. I am not a fanboy heck im not a fan oh most apple products but come on a $500 dollar product only to arrive DOA doesnt fly. Over all the tab looked nice its really sleek thin and light but i wasnt all that thrilled with the plastic back for $500 i prefer something a little bit more durable like real metal not faux brushed metal. At the end of the day i don't know who is to blame. Amazon for thier poor packaging or samsung for a poor product i feel that i will be much easier to just go into an apple store pick an ipad up and if i have any problems i can just go back to the store in order to return instead of dealing with two companies with mediocre customer service. When i drop that much money on something i expect it to work point blank.
23rd June 2011, 08:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag North Texas
Thanks Meter: 49

577 posts
More
Why not just pick one up at BB? No shipping involved
23rd June 2011, 08:22 AM   |  #3  
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 319

2,217 posts
More
May be a bad unit? You can call back amazon and ask them to send a replacement. Ok you had a bad experience but this can happen to any device. If you don't want to deal with online, you can always buy from local best buy store.

If you have already decided to buy the ipad, then good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
23rd June 2011, 08:49 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
Since when does Amazon have mediocre customer service? I have nothing but great things to say about Amazon. So you got a faulty product. They'll ship out a replacement and overnight it to you.
23rd June 2011, 08:50 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 28

520 posts
When you spend that much money, get it at a local store so ups or amazon or who even doesn't ship it like crap. Sounds like you are just angry you can't simply walk into a local store and exchange it for one of thousands of other perfectly built units...

Lesson learned.
23rd June 2011, 08:52 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
yeah i would of picked it up at BB if it wasn't so cheap on amazon. I live in chicago so Taxes is 10% and out of 500 thats about $50 so its $550 it total. And since im a student i get free amazon prime so i get next day shipping for $4 and amazon doesnt charge taxes so its$504 in total the difference is a pretty big chunk of change in my opinion. I don't know i really want the fastes possible solution because i have a trip coming up so ill talk to amazon tomorrow to see what they can do.
23rd June 2011, 11:00 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 44

683 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyurquiza

So i received the tablet today from amazon. Upon arrival i noticed the really poor job of packing on amazon's part. The box was a cheap thing box with not type of padding like bubble wrap or packing peanuts. My question is who in their right mind decided to ship a $500 item under such poor conditions. I've bought books on amazon with better packing than this! So i open the boxes and take out the tablet and attempt to power it on. No Dice! In every unboxing that i have seen online the reviewer was able to power on the tablet no power. So i think to myself, ok let me plug this in so i plug it in and press the power button and i see the galaxy tab 10.1 screen so you would think hooray right? Wrong! it immediately changed to to this weird battery power off screen and it was a cycle it would come on the turn off on and of etc.. so i think leave it plugged in for a half hour. i come back to find the tablet doing the same thing over and over and over again. At this point i'm fed up! so i call samsung and they could offer me no better solution but to leave it plugged in two hours straight and attempt to power it on again... really? so i do as i was told and still no cigar. So i realized that there is not much to do but send it back to amazon in the A.M great now i have to deal with then :/ Oh well i guess i'm getting an Ipad2. I am not a fanboy heck im not a fan oh most apple products but come on a $500 dollar product only to arrive DOA doesnt fly. Over all the tab looked nice its really sleek thin and light but i wasnt all that thrilled with the plastic back for $500 i prefer something a little bit more durable like real metal not faux brushed metal. At the end of the day i don't know who is to blame. Amazon for thier poor packaging or samsung for a poor product i feel that i will be much easier to just go into an apple store pick an ipad up and if i have any problems i can just go back to the store in order to return instead of dealing with two companies with mediocre customer service. When i drop that much money on something i expect it to work point blank.

Really? return the tablet and go get yourself a ipad. Troll
23rd June 2011, 11:06 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 4

90 posts
Hmmhh... Fanboy starts trolling

sent from my Desire...
The Following User Says Thank You to bharata212 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2011, 11:20 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87

Really? return the tablet and go get yourself a ipad. Troll

lololol troll?! Well I don't see how im a troll? I mean why would I get a gt in the first place?! I mean this forum is great but then you have people like this who are quick to cry troll. Your quick to judge I didn't even resolve my issue before you open your mouth. I just said I wanted an ipad because I actually used one and ita flawless not gonna lie it feels sturdier os is stable and tons of apps and accessories but I love the Android os and the fact you get to customize it more then IOS. I know honeycomb is practically a beta and unfinished os but I don't mind I know great things are in store for it like windows phone I got it before the nodo update knowing its gonna be a great platform and look now here comes mango to make it a heavy hitter. So so call me a troll I think all the major os,s are great and I give everything a chance.

FYI I talked to Amazon and im giving this tab another shot turns out their chat support runs rings around their phone support. So troll on that!
23rd June 2011, 11:40 AM   |  #10  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 136

671 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyurquiza

lololol troll?! Well I don't see how im a troll? I mean why would I get a gt in the first place?! I mean this forum is great but then you have people like this who are quick to cry troll. Your quick to judge I didn't even resolve my issue before you open your mouth. I just said I wanted an ipad because I actually used one and ita flawless not gonna lie it feels sturdier os is stable and tons of apps and accessories but I love the Android os and the fact you get to customize it more then IOS. I know honeycomb is practically a beta and unfinished os but I don't mind I know great things are in store for it like windows phone I got it before the nodo update knowing its gonna be a great platform and look now here comes mango to make it a heavy hitter. So so call me a troll I think all the major os,s are great and I give everything a chance.

FYI I talked to Amazon and im giving this tab another shot turns out their chat support runs rings around their phone support. So troll on that!

i think the legit truth is that you had 3x bad luck. A. terrible packer, B. non working product, C. a complete noob phone support 1st day worker.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread