boot looping SOLVED! Honeycomb 3.1 google i/o galaxy tab 10.1
[IO TAB] Boot looping? Try this to get your tab back...
I had an issue with my IO 10.1 Tab boot looping. I imagine that this would work for retail as well but have not tried it.
This process will factory reset your device.
You will need fastboot
to boot into recovery in order to perform a factory reset.
Fastboot & Stock IO recovery comes from this post as an attachment at the bottom.
You need adb to continue (windows).
1. Extract files to where adb resides (platform-tools folder in android SDk main folder)
C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools .
2. Plug your tab in to a power source and then hold down the power button until it shuts down. Wait until the tab displays the charging battery.
3. Press and hold the volume down (left button in landscape) and power buttons until the usb and odin icons show up. Volume down to move left and volume up to select the usb logo. Now you should be in fastboot. Plug the usb into your computer.
4. Time to fire up adb!
Start / run / cmd , cd\,
Than, cd to your platform-tools folder or wherever your adb is at. (should be in platform-tools inside of android-sdk-windows)
5. In cmd type "adb start-server" without quotes to start adb. All comands should exclude quotes.
6. Type "fastboot devices" your device serial should appear!If not:
Edit the “<PATH TO ANDROID SDK>\extras\google\usb_driver\android_winusb.inf
” file and copy/paste the following lines and add them to the [Google.NTx86] section (for 32bit Windows) and/or [Google.NTamd64] (for 64bit Windows).
NO Empty line above this set, though galaxy tab 10.1v but works for all variants!(tab detected as adb xxx device)
;Galaxy Tab 10.1v
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&REV_9999&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&MI_01
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_04E8&PID_6601
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0955&PID_7000
Download the fastboot zip attached to this post (includes both Win and Linux version) and extract the files to your “<PATH TO ANDROID SDK>\platform-tools” folder
7. Now, type "fastboot boot recovery.img"
8. Now you should boot into recovery. For "adb command lines" to work
boot with clockworkmod recovery img (Command and files here: http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=2032
If you want to try other stuff like push a system restore, kernel or whatever, now you can. If you fail at it, you can always repeat the steps leading up to this point to get back to recovery.
9. Time to just get the tab back! Select "wipe data/factory reset" and confirm, clear cache.
10. After that is done select "reboot device".
Credits to JASKRU from rootwiki, with some additions and modifications extracted from different sources!
the tab install the zip file from this post in recovery mode (loading recovery.img from fastboot):
P.S don't reboot into recovery with adb command "adb reboot recovery" as it doesn't work, correct way is with fastboot command as mentioned in step 7!