Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 40,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] SC2Casts Free (Watch Starcraft 2 vods) -[U]- August 5th 2011 -[V]- 1.3

Tip us?

Nudua
Old
(Last edited by Nudua; 6th August 2011 at 12:52 AM.) Reason: update
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Post [APP] SC2Casts Free (Watch Starcraft 2 vods) -[U]- August 5th 2011 -[V]- 1.3

Just wanted to share a project I've been working with SC2Casts.com, that lets you watch Starcraft 2 vods from the site.

There are currently thousands of vods up there, with players like Idra, White-ra and recent dreamhack winner Huk. (dreamhuk!) And more videos are added daily.

New in 1.3:
*Youtube HD/HQ fix (google changed something)
*Recent list bug fix
*Improved error handling
*Automatic fallback to HQ when playback of HD videos fail
*Improved cache, should improve load times.
*Minor bugfixes and design cleanup.

Features:
*Recent section - displays the top 20 matches from today/yesterday
*Top section - displays the top 20 matches from either last 24 hours/week/month or all time.
*Search - there's a search button in the top right corner that lets you search for players/casters/events
*Browse section - let's you browse by player/casters/event or matchup
*Favorites - add any match to your favorites list, easily displayed on the first page
*Mediaplayer - a fully customized mediaplayer that lets you toggle the quality HQ (360p) / HD (720p) (u can also set defaults at the settings page)

The matches are displayed in a way that doesn't spoil the results of a set.
You can also Like or Dislike any set, those are updated directly to the site as well.

This is the free ad-supported version, but it has all the same features as the full version.

Download Link: http://social.zune.net/redirect?type...b-78e7d1fa76f8

Updates will also be posted to twitter @nuduaa

Looking forward to hear some feedback/comments.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nudua For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sleep616
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Fantastic app! I registered just to post my feedback. As a SC2 player, its great to be able to now have all the vods in one instead of me having to search/browse youtube apps. The fact that I'm able to browse by player, caster etc makes this even better. Good job mate.

Nudua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Thanks man, really appreciate the feedback. Got some more cool stuff planned for Mango as well.

Sleep616
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Looking forward to it mate. Watched the WCG qualifiers here in Sydney. Moonglade dominated. Keen to see what you have in store for Mango. Keep us updated!

Nudua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Missed the WCG qualifiers, so many tournaments and streams out there, gogo esports.

Currently watching some HomestoryCup, stream link is up at teamliquid, Naniwa just beat MC for a spot in the finals.

I'll definitely add the ability to download matches locally, might do it before Mango if it's too far away.

gloves085
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Been waiting for this app! Thanks Nudua, just downloaded and paid for it, it's looking great

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Nudua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloves085 View Post
Been waiting for this app! Thanks Nudua, just downloaded and paid for it, it's looking great

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
Cheers, working on the 1.1 update atm, adding a refresh button to the recent and top section also fixing some minor bugs.

Nudua
Old
(Last edited by Nudua; 12th July 2011 at 11:18 AM.) Reason: update
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Small downtime on the server, really sorry about that, will be up again shortly.

edit: Seams to be sorted now, there was a slight problem with the hosting provider

arkavat
Old
Thanks Meter 13
great app!
I have just started using it. I will give you much better feedback in a few days.. but so far so good!
HTC HD7
Developer Unlocked
and
Nexus One
Current ROM: MIUI - Gingerbread Radio: Stock - Gingerbread
Root Yes Bootloader Locked

RIP: Ngage QD, Nokia 6682, Touch (Elf), Diamond, Touch Pro (Fuze), HTC Touch Diamond 2 (Pure)

Nudua
Old
(Last edited by Nudua; 27th July 2011 at 02:14 AM.) Reason: status update
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
There seams to be a bug when playing back HQ/HD videos atm, so just use LQ for now, I've submitted an update so it should be up in a few days.

Update on the 23 of July 2011:
The 1.1 update for the paid version is out now that fixes the video playback issues for HD/HQ.
The free version is still in certification, not sure why since I've submitted them at the same time.
If you can't see the update just search for SC2Casts in the marketplace and there should be an update button there, again sorry for the trouble

Update on the 26th of July 2011:
Another update regarding the free version, there was a bug with the certification so I've had to resubmit it.
Just use the Trial version of the Paid version for now if u can't wait.
I pushed out the latest build for this update, so it includes the ability to refresh the recent list and automatic fallback to HQ when playing HD videos with some other minor fixes.

Tags
apps, sc2, windows phone 7