[Q] Wifi but no data

OP sameness

23rd June 2011, 06:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Today I received a new Sim-free (but S-On) Sensation as a replacement for my old Hero. Hero had been working fine with my wifi (WPA2 mixed).

I then swapped Sim into the Sensation and booted it. I also reflashed my Hero with VR13, which I had been using as I am giving the phone to my parents. Both phones will connect to my router BUT neither can access any sites or data. IF I take the security off then they can connect. This is not ideal though.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Or as to why this has suddenly happened?
23rd June 2011, 09:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,064

4,883 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameness

Today I received a new Sim-free (but S-On) Sensation as a replacement for my old Hero. Hero had been working fine with my wifi (WPA2 mixed).

I then swapped Sim into the Sensation and booted it. I also reflashed my Hero with VR13, which I had been using as I am giving the phone to my parents. Both phones will connect to my router BUT neither can access any sites or data. IF I take the security off then they can connect. This is not ideal though.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Or as to why this has suddenly happened?

Did you try the wifi protected setup option? When I hit it, the prompt then says to press the WPS (wifi protected setup) button on your wireless point for 5 secs...
24th June 2011, 04:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Negative on that one too my friend. Ahh well, I will try it on another router and see what happens
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread