Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 43,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi but no data

Tip us?

sameness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Wifi but no data

Today I received a new Sim-free (but S-On) Sensation as a replacement for my old Hero. Hero had been working fine with my wifi (WPA2 mixed).

I then swapped Sim into the Sensation and booted it. I also reflashed my Hero with VR13, which I had been using as I am giving the phone to my parents. Both phones will connect to my router BUT neither can access any sites or data. IF I take the security off then they can connect. This is not ideal though.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Or as to why this has suddenly happened?

kpjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameness View Post
Today I received a new Sim-free (but S-On) Sensation as a replacement for my old Hero. Hero had been working fine with my wifi (WPA2 mixed).

I then swapped Sim into the Sensation and booted it. I also reflashed my Hero with VR13, which I had been using as I am giving the phone to my parents. Both phones will connect to my router BUT neither can access any sites or data. IF I take the security off then they can connect. This is not ideal though.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Or as to why this has suddenly happened?
Did you try the wifi protected setup option? When I hit it, the prompt then says to press the WPS (wifi protected setup) button on your wireless point for 5 secs...
gplus.to/kpjimmy <---Add me to G+!
http://mycolorscreen.com/kpjimmy/<---My colorscreen images

sameness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Negative on that one too my friend. Ahh well, I will try it on another router and see what happens
HTC TYTN
HTC TYTN2
HTC Hero
HTC Sensation