Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,383 Members 51,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Condemned CM7.2 Stable (2.3.7) V15 (6/21/2012)

Tip us?

synisterwolf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtacydima View Post
sorry to ask this but with such a long thread, it's a lot to search

I read over and over that cm for Incredible has no ability for 720p video recording, but then I checked later that a possible resolution was in the works, was it ever fixed?

It seems like the only possible quirk.

Also, is there a minimal version of this ROM, bare vanilla like, with no extra apps (ie: facebook, stocks, all g-apps), sorry but I like to add everything myself?
still no 720p video recording. as for apps. there is nothing installed on this rom but what is needed to run the rom. there is a script that tells the market to search for google apps once you go through the start up. you can just cancel out if you dont want to install the google apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.

poo706
Old
Thanks Meter 1067
Hey CS, I've been looking at the EXT4 ALL mods and had a couple of questions. I'm interested in the no_data_limit_dalvik_moved mod. Before doing anything, I went ahead and ran "mount | grep ext4" in a terminal and found that you already have /data and /cache set to ext4. Can I use the no_data_limit_dalvik_moved mod without causing any problems? And if so, should I stop using zach's cache2cache script? Oh also, in general, which release of incredikernel are you using? I'm running v11, by the way.

[poo]

WhammyDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf View Post
still no 720p video recording. as for apps. there is nothing installed on this rom but what is needed to run the rom. there is a script that tells the market to search for google apps once you go through the start up. you can just cancel out if you dont want to install the google apps
Do you know where we can find that script?

CondemnedSoul
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1955

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by poo706 View Post
Hey CS, I've been looking at the EXT4 ALL mods and had a couple of questions. I'm interested in the no_data_limit_dalvik_moved mod. Before doing anything, I went ahead and ran "mount | grep ext4" in a terminal and found that you already have /data and /cache set to ext4. Can I use the no_data_limit_dalvik_moved mod without causing any problems? And if so, should I stop using zach's cache2cache script? Oh also, in general, which release of incredikernel are you using? I'm running v11, by the way.

[poo]
Yes. You should be fine running the no data limit. Is probably take out cache 2 cache first by removing the script for it from /etc/init.d first. Kernel is Chase most recent but it was modified by pons to add cuvipers Bluetooth fix for cm.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

CondemnedSoul
Old
Thanks Meter 1955

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhammyDroid View Post
Do you know where we can find that script?
It's actually an apk that gets frozen after first market run. System/app/onetimeinitializer.apk

poo706
Old
Thanks Meter 1067
Quote:
Yes. You should be fine running the no data limit. Is probably take out cache 2 cache first by removing the script for it from /etc/init.d first. Kernel is Chase most recent but it was modified by pons to add cuvipers Bluetooth fix for cm.
I removed zach's script, which (as expected) dropped my internal storage by about 75 mb. Then I installed the no_data_limit_dalvik_moved mod successfully, but was a little surprised that it had no effect on my internal storage. So now I'm confused as to what the whole point is to the ext4 all mods, beyond the ext4 part.

[poo]

CondemnedSoul
Old
Thanks Meter 1955

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I removed zach's script, which (as expected) dropped my internal storage by about 75 mb. Then I installed the no_data_limit_dalvik_moved mod successfully, but was a little surprised that it had no effect on my internal storage. So now I'm confused as to what the whole point is to the ext4 all mods, beyond the ext4 part.

[poo]
I haven't looked much at it but I'll look it over later tonight. If that's the case you may be fine running cache 2 cache with it though. I'd do a backup and flash away

synisterwolf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by CondemnedSoul View Post
It's actually an apk that gets frozen after first market run. System/app/onetimeinitializer.apk

Ah ok. Good to know. I always thought it was a script.

Sent from my sexy assistant. (AMOLED HTC Incredible)

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtacydima View Post
sorry to ask this but with such a long thread, it's a lot to search

I read over and over that cm for Incredible has no ability for 720p video recording, but then I checked later that a possible resolution was in the works, was it ever fixed?

It seems like the only possible quirk.

Also, is there a minimal version of this ROM, bare vanilla like, with no extra apps (ie: facebook, stocks, all g-apps), sorry but I like to add everything myself?
Quote:

[poo]
The normal_data mod just converts your /data and /cache partitions to the ext4 filesystem type for better all around real world performance and makes the necessary changes for this to work with your currently installed rom.
The no_data_limit_normal_dalvik mod (no 150MB data limit) does the above conversion but also removes the linking of /data/data to that small 150MB partition that causes the low space issues. It instead uses a subfolder of your 750MB /data partition to hold these files. It copies the data from your datadata partition, to this new subfolder and keeps the permissions in tact so that your phone doesn't know the difference. The old datadata partition is unused after this.The no_data_limit_dalvik_moved mod does exactly what mod 2 does but then uses the unused datadata partition for your /data/dalvik-cache folder.

so in a nut shell it moves your data from the small 150mb partition and puts it in the 750mb partition. it wont speed up the phone. it just gives you more room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
The Following User Says Thank You to synisterwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

poo706
Old
Thanks Meter 1067
Quote:
so in a nut shell it moves your data from the small 150mb partition and puts it in the 750mb partition. it wont speed up the phone. it just gives you more room.
So if I'm not seeing an increase in internal storage for apps, where am I seeing more space?

[poo]

jaba14
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having an issue: my phone is on vibrate and whenever it rings for a call, after I slide the answer call slider, the phone vibrates one more time so that the caller hears a loud vibrate on their end.
Otherwise, awesome ROM!