[HOWTO] Root for stock HC3.1
This tool installs su and superuser.apk for stock HC 3.1 and HC 3.01
As the old root method does not work anymore I created this new tool.
How to root
1. Goto Settings->Applications and enable "Unkown sources"
2. Download the attached APK file
3. Copy the file to your Iconia
4. Install the APK & start the tool
5. Click "root"
6. Enjoy :)
How to unroot
1. Start the tool & click "unroot"
- By clicking root, you agree that you do this at your own risk. The tool will uninstall any previous installed superuser.apk.
@ChainsDD for superuser.apk and su
@Acer for this buggy tool
- Also remove any "su" folder from /system/bin and /system/xbin .
- Remove su from /system/bin and /system/xbin before rooting. This should fix the issues when someone installed the 3.1 OTA without unrooting the device before.
- Add support for HC3.0
- Initial version
!!! Use at your own risk !!!