XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Never ordering from online T-Mo store again

Tip us?

unixman2000
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Never ordering from online T-Mo store again

I went on-line this past Friday to order the MHL/HDMI cable for my HTC Sensation from the T-Mo store. At the end of checkout I was asked 5 security questions...I flubbed the first question because I wasn't paying attention. Some of the other questions were kind of strange. i.e. They asked me if I knew a Anble S****. It was my family last name but who has "Able" as a first name??? The best I could figure was they may have meant "Angie" who was a family member.

Anyways, I flunked the security questions and was given a phone number and order# so I could call and verify the order over the phone. I had the call the next day because that office was closed.

I called and cleared up the order and then the sales rep who was helping me could not find the item I was trying to order. Trying to be helpful, I found the item on my own at the on-line T-Mo store but it had no SKU or part #. The sales rep also told me he could not access the same web site because they were restricted from doing so!!!???? I was thinking of e-mailing him the link to the video cable but he couldn't even get to it.

He had to put a note in my order stating what the item was so some other dept. could try to find it...

So predictably, 6 business days later (I paid for overnight delivery) I still had not received my order. I called 30 minutes ago and the sales rep told me the order still had NOT been placed yet AND it would take 24-72 hours (business days) before the order would be even cleared by another dept. Now what the heck does that mean?. I told the rep I was not very happy and a few other choice words.

At least I hope I get an e-mail when they finally find the cable and mail it to me...the next time I'll order from Hong Kong and probably get it faster..haha.

shorty87
Old
Thanks Meter 23
That sucks. You should at least get the shipping charge refunded or changed since it's taking them so long. Are these not available in store?

unixman2000
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default No MHL/HDMI cables at the local T-Mo store

Last weekend I did go to my local T-Mo store and they only had cases and screen protectors for the HTC Sensation. I was not really expecting too much since the Sensation is so new. I asked the sales girl when they might be getting anything in and she had no clue. The impression I got was she was not expecting any video cables to come in.

Five0nIt
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixman2000 View Post
Last weekend I did go to my local T-Mo store and they only had cases and screen protectors for the HTC Sensation. I was not really expecting too much since the Sensation is so new. I asked the sales girl when they might be getting anything in and she had no clue. The impression I got was she was not expecting any video cables to come in.
yea when i went into my local T-Mo and asked about the cable he said "idk, maybe in a few weeks"
Galaxy S3