Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,447 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Exhibit 4G

Tip us?

mrg02d
Old
(Last edited by mrg02d; 18th July 2011 at 01:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 260
My GF just got one of those for free for adding a line. Its now on the Tmobile site, but doesnt have those strange cooper looking features. Despite how it feels and looks, its a decent phone! Its just as fast as my sensation when it comes to google maps and a few other things. I was at first a little converned to see she chose that thing(I was at work and had no idea till tmobile sent me a text letting me know!)...After playing with it, I felt funny for being impressed! Its a quick, snappy little thing with plenty to offer! Especially being free with no activation fee!

Doesnt look like it would be as good as it is! 1Ghz hummingbird, 512mB RAM, AMOLED (not super) screen, front facing camera and 3MP back camera with flash. Gingerbread. Not bad at all for FREE!

Id love to root the phone and overclock it, remove bloat ware. Any hope for rooting?

Matt
The Following User Says Thank You to mrg02d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leroyjones
Old
(Last edited by leroyjones; 21st July 2011 at 03:03 AM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 2
Yea just got on of these today realy suprised how nice and snappy it is and how good the screen looks. I too would like to see some dev on this at least a root to start removing bloat. Be nice to see how this thing over clocks.......

Epic 4g
SFR1.2
genocide 2.0 1.4Ghz
random rom 1.3 theme

Exhibit 4g
need root!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to leroyjones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

weespeed
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Still haven't found any more info on the handset.

I was able to root it using SuperOneClick.
Can't seem to unlock it yet.. Tried just about everything. The nv_data was deep in the efs folder and I couldn't edit it.

Also haven't found a rom for it. Was looking for the exhibit 4G rom to see if I can bring the software up to 2.3.3 but so far nothing. I don't know if it's running 4G but does have the H icon when surfing.

So if anyone has any more info let me know.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to weespeed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Visceral
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by weespeed View Post
Still haven't found any more info on the handset.

I was able to root it using SuperOneClick.
Thanks
Interesting, has anyone else tried to root the final release exhibit 4g using superoneclick?

kopykatkiller
Old
(Last edited by kopykatkiller; 21st July 2011 at 01:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Nope, but I'll be trying when mine gets here in the next couple of hours.

Quote:
EDIT: It failed.
Phone: HTC Sensation 4G
Recovery: Clockwork Recovery 5.02.0
RoM: InsertCoin 2.5.5-2
Theme: GingerThyparancy 1.0

pudgybunnyBry
Old
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
Interesting, has anyone else tried to root the final release exhibit 4g using superoneclick?
I have tried rooting the final release with SuperOneClick AND GingerBreak. SuperOneClick just hangs when it gets to running psneuter or GingerBreak. With GingerBreak, it's likely the exploit the app is based on was removed upon release of the device. Some people also report it taking hours for their stock 2.3.3 to root via GingerBreak.

With SuperOneClick 2.0 soon to be released, it looks a little more likely that we may be able to root.

leroyjones
Old
(Last edited by leroyjones; 21st July 2011 at 03:02 AM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 2
I too have tried superoneclick and gingerbreak and i let it run for like an hr with no luck. Open to sugestions.. If anyone gets this rooted let me know have a bunch of stuff i would like to try to see how much of a galaxy s is in there.. I got mine earlier today and i've been trying stuff for hours. Even thought about trying the nexus s 2.3.3 manual root with the SDK. Well im shure we'll get this soon. I found some stuff from supercurio on the net looks like hes done a full dump ands workin on something with voodoo sound for our phones. Still doing some research but it looks like we'll need a new exploit since google fixed the gingerbreak exploit in the AOSP. Assuming how new these are that it was part of our roms. Good luck everyone.......

Epic 4g
SFR 1.2
Genocide 2.0 1.4ghzspelling
Random rom 1.2 theme

Exhibit 4g
2.3.3 unrooted

pudgybunnyBry
Old
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Yeah I haven't really done anything too in depth. I'm still new to all of this Android stuff, so I fear doing any harm to the phone considering how new it is. As I learn more I'll be more willing to experiment with it more and more.

leroyjones
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Usualy in my experience try the simple root methods first, usually if they dont work then nothing happens....

Epic 4g
SFR 1.2
Genocide 2.0 1.4ghz

Exhibit 4g
2.3.3 unrooted so far!!!!!!!

mrg02d
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Lets say I tried out SuperOneClick and it worked...Would I need to have a ROM handy and know how to flash it, or could I just add Titanium and remove some bloat ware?

Matt