Post Reply

Wifi problem on 3.1

OP bpivk

24th June 2011, 01:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vrhnika
Thanks Meter: 70
 
378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
I've just stumbled upon an interesting problem.

My tablet couldn't connect on ANY wifi network unless I entered the IP manually (I have checked on my router an my phone using it as a wifi hotspot). DHCP just didn't work and the tablet was stuck at "obtaining IP adress". The odd thing is that even the bars that show the network strength went from 5 full bars to 1 bar.

It was odd since wifi was on and it worked fine until I charged my tablet. I didn't do anything in between and reset didn't help. What worked in the end was deleting the dhcpd-wlan0.lease under /data/misc/dhcp.

Could anyone point me to the problem or an error that caused this because I'm a little afraid that it wasn't just a one time thing and that it could happen again.

Edit: Oh yeah I almost forgot. My router was acting up (my PC that is connected via cable was losing internet connection). Could it be that it was the router that messed up dhcpd-wlan0.lease and broke my Iconia?
Last edited by bpivk; 4th July 2011 at 08:18 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bpivk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2011, 03:12 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 68
 
510 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
oh, that happen to me. I reset factory and all came back....
I hope that not a problem will happen again....


Maybe a clue.
I went to work with the tablet, connected to the internet who have a different IP 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.1.1
Maybe that screw the files because my other tablet didn't move from home and didn't get the problem.
Last edited by sanaell; 24th June 2011 at 03:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sanaell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2011, 03:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vrhnika
Thanks Meter: 70
 
378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
I'll write a script in Tasker to remove the data periodically if it happens again but I hope that it won't.

I don't like doing factory resets because that literally means a day of work fixing my tablet to my standards again.
24th June 2011, 06:39 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
More
i'm having the same issue... have a massive wifi network at work and the access point is 10 feet away and the signal jumps around and will not connect
24th June 2011, 06:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vrhnika
Thanks Meter: 70
 
378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Just delete the file I've listed and it will work if you're experiencing the same problem as me.
24th June 2011, 06:47 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpivk

Just delete the file I've listed and it will work if you're experiencing the same problem as me.

that did it!!!
Thanks
24th June 2011, 11:25 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
this happen to me too .factory reset for me .....hope never happen in future
25th June 2011, 12:57 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
my wifi stopped working after i updated to 3.1 but all i did was settings -- wireless and networks and removed my wireless settings and added again as new..and everything started working
25th June 2011, 07:49 AM   |  #9  
3c's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,108
 
2,011 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
Donate to Me
permission issues on dhcp file...
Most probably the root cause is a permission issues on that particular file after upgrade... Should not happen anymore in the future.
25th June 2011, 10:22 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vrhnika
Thanks Meter: 70
 
378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccounotte

Most probably the root cause is a permission issues on that particular file after upgrade... Should not happen anymore in the future.

I don't think that's the case. It happened to me again after I've installed Acer phone disabler. Again deleting the file worked but I was able to recreate it whenever I had an unclean shutdown of the tablet.

Permissions were ok. I've checked. Besides that wouldn't explain wifi working normally after update and then not working the next hour (I didn't even touch the tablet in the meantime).
Last edited by bpivk; 25th June 2011 at 10:26 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes