Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Cyanogen for Gen8

Tip us?

gbohm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenn View Post
From windows i dont like linux so much, just haveca Vmware..
on windows in notepad++ i see the unix line endings with a symbol..
If you're in the line after the last entry, you have to press enter again
So that you are in the over the next line
it must be another problem if he tried useing my menue.lst
last idea from me for the moment:downloading the img file with the browser from the a101 unzipping it with androzip renaming and copeing it to the right directory...
worked for me

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
i would if i could but i can't so i don't
if cyanogenmod has only one rule does rule 34 still apply

Veritas06
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenn View Post
From windows i dont like linux so much, just haveca Vmware..
on windows in notepad++ i see the unix line endings with a symbol..
If you're in the line after the last entry, you have to press enter again
So that you are in the over the next line
Still no luck. Used a few dos2unix converters even tho the file was created in unix & it still replaces my file with the one i've quoted before. There must be something i'm missing, but for now i'll stop crowding the thread with useless posts & let it get back to those who have actually gotten it work so far.

Thanks for all the help Lenn & gbohm

Lenn
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbohm View Post
it must be another problem if he tried useing my menue.lst
last idea from me for the moment:downloading the img file with the browser from the a101 unzipping it with androzip renaming and copeing it to the right directory...
worked for me

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Hm... that could be a problem too, just like at the android market tbz2 file from urukdroid
Hope i could help you.
Dont forget to klick "Thanks" Thanks.

Archos 101 8 GB

|||||
vvvvv
OpenAos Multi Boot Menu by Bubu
|||||
vvvvv
-->Cyanogen (Gingerbread) for Gen8 by Bubu
|||||
vvvvv
-->Urukdroid 1.0 by $auron
-->100 MB Swap
-->45 MB CompCache
-->DarkTheme by SilentRazor

gbohm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
Still no luck. Used a few dos2unix converters even tho the file was created in unix & it still replaces my file with the one i've quoted before. There must be something i'm missing, but for now i'll stop crowding the thread with useless posts & let it get back to those who have actually gotten it work so far.

i think we have to find a sollution to your problem .....
the thing is i tried it with ubuntu too and it worked i just really want know what the problem is

sent from my droid(not the one you are looking for)

jsperri
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantoman View Post
gobhom i talked with BuBu yesterday about this and guess what ; he stated that there will be arctools for this build of cyanogen so we will install gapps the easy way no scripts is needed then ; so no need to make a script as he will include arctools on his images
That's correct, ArcTools should be updated very soon to add Apps&Market on OpenAOS CyanogenMod.

Lenn
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:

At any rate!

Maybe we could post a whole *.zip with all files needed from the menu.lst to the *.img's
Maybe this would help...
And i would prefer a completly fresh try

PS Wie kann ich denn nen Thread löschen?
Hope i could help you.
Dont forget to klick "Thanks" Thanks.

Archos 101 8 GB

|||||
vvvvv
OpenAos Multi Boot Menu by Bubu
|||||
vvvvv
-->Cyanogen (Gingerbread) for Gen8 by Bubu
|||||
vvvvv
-->Urukdroid 1.0 by $auron
-->100 MB Swap
-->45 MB CompCache
-->DarkTheme by SilentRazor

vantoman
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:

you can give it one last try with the debug initramfs there was talk about problems i think it's like what you are facing on IRC and i think it was solved after using initramfs-debug.cpio.gz insted of initramfs.cpio.gz
just download it from here:
http://download.openaos.org/bubu/gen...-debug.cpio.gz
rename it to initramfs.cpio.gz
install it and zimage and try again it may work and may not im not sure ; i just wanted to help

Veritas06
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
the thing is i tried it with ubuntu too and it worked i just really want know what the problem is

Yeah, the fact that i can't get it working is what pisses me off. At this point i don't even care what img i can boot, just want it to recognize & stop replacing my file. Tried changing the permissions on the file to read-only but it still deletes or overwrites it. Tried using the posted files, copy/paste & manually typing the lines into both nano & gedit with no luck so far.

gbohm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Yeah, the fact that i can't get it working is what pisses me off. At this point i don't even care what img i can boot, just want it to recognize & stop replacing my file. Tried changing the permissions on the file to read-only but it still deletes or overwrites it. Tried using the posted files, copy/paste & manually typing the lines into both nano & gedit with no luck so far.
reboot it without the img file then replace the menue.lst is a rootfs.img in the same directory too?

Veritas06
Old
(Last edited by Veritas06; 29th June 2011 at 07:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantoman View Post
you can give it one last try with the debug initramfs there was talk about problems i think it's like what you are facing on IRC and i think it was solved after using initramfs-debug.cpio.gz insted of initramfs.cpio.gz
just download it from here:
http://download.openaos.org/bubu/gen...-debug.cpio.gz
rename it to initramfs.cpio.gz
install it and zimage and try again it may work and may not im not sure ; i just wanted to help
At this point i'll take any suggestion haha. Unfortunately my menu.lst is still replaced with the other one i had posted with the only bootable option being Angstrom.

Quote:
reboot it without the img file then replace the menue.lst is a rootfs.img in the same directory too?

Yeah, there is a rootfs. According to the menu.lst that's being created it's the Angstrom image.

I deleted the img & tried booting & saw the same boot menu i've been seeing, then tried deleting the file that was there after after a reboot it went straight to Angstrom. I was able to edit the menu.lst & the next time i saw the boot menu it had the entries for Angstrom plus the Gingerbread one i added. Adding the image now to see if it will work.

EDIT:
I guess we've made some progress --it's no longer replacing my menu.lst file. It added it's own gingerbread line, but after trying them both, neither boot. It just sits at the openAOS boot screen. I'm going to try the older images & see if those boot, just have to get some stuff ready for class first. I'll post back with my results soon.