Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] TeleNav Free Today

Tip us?
TacoSandwich85 Old
(Last edited by TacoSandwich85; 24th June 2011 at 11:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Arrow [APP] TeleNav Free Today

For all you TeleNav fans: I heard that it's now free on selected Tmobile phones, but when I found it on the market it simply says "Free today" under the app's detaliled information so hopefully others can get it. I have a mytouch 4G and didn't have trouble finding it or downloading it

Good luck! It now includes a FREE service and premium for $2.99

Just tried it and the basic service and it's really fast, i might prefer it to google nav

EDIT: Added apk, hope it helps!

EDIT 2: Found this on Captivate Apps Section, so please don't think I am taking any credit.

Apparently: "if you go to the Telenav OTA site at ota.telenav.com/tn and click T-Mobile as your carrier, then click the Vibrant 4G, it is completely compatible"

"Also, unlike Google Nav, TeleNav will continue to work without a tower signal, it will just tell you to turn without the street name"

Good luck. I have a myTouch 4G running CM7 nightlies and was able to find it on market and it works so good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.telenav.app.android.telenav-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.26 MB, 472 views)

(.)
Old
Thanks Meter 99
You should try copilot, no navi software can even compare with it, not even tomtom,navigon etc.

best navi app i used and seen: copilot!

Do you like to share ALL your private files/data to strangers?
Like your actual Contacts, SMS, MMS, Emails, Photos, Videos, GPS Position, Notes, Passwords...

Everything of these can be easy downloaded in the backround with normal looking apps from your normal unsecured android smartphone!

Did you know that?

to secure your smartphone, read on:

Android Security Warning!

Android Privacy
The Following User Says Thank You to (.) For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rhyno80
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have sprint but didn't see it there

rogier666
Old
Thanks Meter 121
When I search the market for "TeleNav" I get one result: a chinese chat app made by "Telenav Software, Inc." Hardly any downloads, and the ratings are pretty bad.

Is there an off-market version of the real free TeleNav?
android underground

S4 Mini, Galaxy Tab, Moto Defy (rooted, overclocked, undervolted, firewalled, adblocked, cyanogenmodded, xposed, etc.)
and a couple of ancient Symbian phones (hacked)
TacoSandwich85 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogier666 View Post
When I search the market for "TeleNav" I get one result: a chinese chat app made by "Telenav Software, Inc." Hardly any downloads, and the ratings are pretty bad.

Is there an off-market version of the real free TeleNav?
I don't know about off-market. But, the one I am talking about is called "TeleNav GPS Navigator" has 4 1/2 stars. I added apk
TacoSandwich85 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno80 View Post
I have sprint but didn't see it there
Look at post again, edited it. Added apk

rogier666
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Thanx for the upload. Unfortunately it seems that it only works if you give them an american phone number. I tried my dutch phone number and TeleNav claimed it was already used by someone else, so I got stuck on the login page.

It seems that the Android version of their app is locked to AT&T and T-Mob USA. When you select "unlocked" on their website it sends you to their WinMo app.
android underground

S4 Mini, Galaxy Tab, Moto Defy (rooted, overclocked, undervolted, firewalled, adblocked, cyanogenmodded, xposed, etc.)
and a couple of ancient Symbian phones (hacked)

KRAZYADROIDMASTER
Old
Thanks Meter 79
My phone came with basic for free. G2X

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App
LG LGP999 G2X DARK ALE
MADE IN: KOREA
MANUFACTURE DATE 04/19/2011

STOCK

SANDISK: 4 GB CLASS 4 MICRO SD CARD.

TheRomMistress
Old
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 520
Looks like it is in the market, completely free...not just for the day.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRomMistress For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HashTagHell
Old
Thanks Meter 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRomMistress View Post
Looks like it is in the market, completely free...not just for the day.
This is correct. It came pre-installed on the Sensation and I just needed to update it from the market. Nice alternative...I like choices.
Free 20GB of Copy Storage >> https://copy.com?r=naONJJ
TOUCHPAD: [ROM] [EXPERIMENTAL] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies
NEXUS 7 (2nd Gen): Stock 4.4 KitKat [Untouched]
Notice: All of the nice people were killed somewhere between the beginning and end of the thread.