Originally Posted by ministersin
For those of you who have a collection of SBS (side by side) MKV files for your 3D HDTV or whatever...her is the method for converting them for the EVO 3D.
Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but I couldn't find it.
First use Handbrake to convert the MKV files to .mp4 or .m4v
Then drop the files in a folder called Video on your SD Card (probably work in any folder but this is what i did).
Use your GALLERY app to browse videos in the folder you created. Play the video. It will look regular (just two pictures side by side) but if you press MENU then VIEW IN 3D...voila...you're watching your downloaded MKV on your EVO 3D.
Thanks for the tip! Don't know if anyone else has ever upgraded their TV to support their phone before...LOL
I went from a G1 to an EVO in 2 weeks!
1. ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T unlocked w/root
2. Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE Jelly Bean Viper boy root w/goodies with S-OFF via LazyPanda
3. Sprint HTC EVO 3D 1.11.651.3 temp rooted
4. Verizon Thunderbolt 4G LTE Das Bampf S-OFF
5. Sprint Nexus S 4G Android ICS 4.1.2 (wife's)
6. NOOK Color 1.4.3 rooted
7. Sprint Samsung Epic 4G v.004 stock DK28 [too lazy to mess with it, it needs CM10!]
Retired: Sprint HTC EVO 4G day one device