Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stop trying to hack NoDo. Start hacking Mango.

Tip us?

(nico)
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Also, we still need an easy way to deploy those apps to our phone (without going back to Nodo each time we want to deploy something).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to (nico) For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sensboston
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 425

DONATE TO ME
(nico), which of HTC's signed dll provides access to the registry? I hope the solution, similar to Samsung's registry editor - with only one native and officially signed dll - will work on HTC Mango.

MrNetrix
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by (nico) View Post
Also, we still need an easy way to deploy those apps to our phone (without going back to Nodo each time we want to deploy something).
Using the Application Deployment program seems easy enough to me.

jakelou
Old
Thanks Meter 5
It's seems as though at this point we'll need to focus more on the Native area and start exploiting the OS ... MS has done a pretty damn good job on protecting literally everything.

MalooMF9
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Wow, I'm pretty amazed that my little tweak to an old registry editor to use a different exploit showed up here so much later. I've been trying to figure out how to get registry editing on the mango, and the source code has been sitting on my computer the whole time. Hahaaa.

Glad to contribute.
Longtime WM6 User with a brand new glossy Samsung Focus.

Itching to get my hack on.

ManelScout4Life
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5,476

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalooMF9 View Post
Wow, I'm pretty amazed that my little tweak to an old registry editor to use a different exploit showed up here so much later. I've been trying to figure out how to get registry editing on the mango, and the source code has been sitting on my computer the whole time. Hahaaa.

Glad to contribute.
For some reason I can't deploy your registry editor. I get the 81030120 error

MrNetrix
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManelScout4Life View Post
What happens if you open the solution in Visual Studio and build/deploy/run it through there?

MalooMF9
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
As mentioned earlier in the thread, the only way to deploy this to the phone and run it on mango is to first restore to NoDo, deploy it, upgrade to mango while maintaining dev unlock, THEN run it. There is still no published way to sideload apps that use interop.
Longtime WM6 User with a brand new glossy Samsung Focus.

Itching to get my hack on.

ManelScout4Life
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5,476

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
As mentioned earlier in the thread, the only way to deploy this to the phone and run it on mango is to first restore to NoDo, deploy it, upgrade to mango while maintaining dev unlock, THEN run it. There is still no published way to sideload apps that use interop.
Fack. All I want to do is enable the dehydration hack so I can use multitasking on mango like it's suppose to work. I guess I'll just wait for the apps to get updated. There is no way I am going back to Nodo for the second time.

MrNetrix
Old
(Last edited by MrNetrix; 13th July 2011 at 05:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Uh... I deploy it just fine on my Samsung Focus with Mango through Visual Studio. As I said in my previous posts, I can even debug your Registry editor while it performs the interop.

I can also deploy it using the Application Deployment tool. I have yet to experience this 'dreadful' 81030120 error...

Tags
81030120, homebrew, interopservices, mango