Navigation Volume too low

OP fubofo

25th June 2011, 03:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 7

403 posts
More
Hi guys, I have an issue with Sat Nav volume. I will try to break it down simply:

Sat Nav [CoPilot and Navigator tested]
Music app [PowerAMP and HTC Music tested]
Audio cable [3.5mm audio jack - plugged into car stereo]
Sound settings all full [set in Quick Settings and also manually set Navigation Volume when Google Navigator is running]

Audio is fine when any music app playing [with or without cable]
Audio is fine when any Sat Nav voice playing [with or without cable]

Audio is fine when any Sat Nav + any Music app both playing (music cuts out and voice becomes audible) [WITHOUT CABLE]
--- Sat Nav voices becomes too low to hear when both Sat Nav and Music playing with cable plugged in ---

This was working perfectly fine on stock HTC (both Froyo and GB) with kernel Buzz OCUV 1.0.6.

I have only seen this issue since flashing Android Revolution HD 5.1.9 > 5.1.10 > 5.1.11 . I have tried different kernels ( Stock ARHD > UnityV2 > UnityV3 ) and also retried Buzz OCUV 1.0.6 but the issue still remains.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be the problem?
9th July 2011, 12:24 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belfast

403 posts
More
Anybody have any ideas at all?

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
9th July 2011, 04:00 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12

4 posts
I've always had this issue too, All I have been doing is lower the music volume to half, set Navigation Volume to Full and then increase the car volume instead :P

According to google support forum, It looks like the issue is caused by GB 2.3.3, 2.3.2 does not have this problem so it seems downgrading is the only fix.
22nd July 2011, 01:10 AM   |  #4  
Flag So. Cal.
Thanks Meter: 1

72 posts
More
I have the same exact problem unfortunately.
27th July 2011, 08:19 PM   |  #5  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 22

69 posts
More
I'm guessing you're using Google Navigation instead of HTC's Locations Premium Navigation?
I'm currently on 2.3.3, and I don't really have a problem with any bad navigation volumes. If you're not okay with paying to try out Locations Navigation, don't worry, you have a 1 month worldwide navigation license which you can activate and use for free without any restrictions.
27th July 2011, 11:40 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belfast

403 posts
More
Thanks for your 'input' Vious, but the issue remains no matter what satnav is used, premium or not.

It is a confirmed 2.3.3 issue with multiple threads on the google code forums

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
17th August 2011, 08:53 PM   |  #7  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 37

372 posts
More
I hope they fix this soon. Such a GIGANTIC issue... i can't believe this isn't at all critical for them.
17th August 2011, 09:38 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 10

94 posts
More
Same problem for me, Copilot support could not fix it for me also, claiming it was a problem with android not them. Used to work on Version 8.x.x.606
13th September 2011, 10:36 PM   |  #9  
Flag Hertfordshire
Thanks Meter: 23

133 posts
More
If this affects all versions of Android above 2.3.2 then it looks as if I have little choice but to buy an iphone or wp7 phone next, Google are unbelievable sometimes!

6 months and still no fix, I love Android and would hate to switch but this is a complete joke!!!

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod...detail?id=3165

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...09f5ad2d&hl=en

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15690
2nd November 2011, 04:45 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

8 posts
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to share my solution for this same problem that I've been having since upgrading to the new gingerbread. Note though that this is no longer an issue if you're using the latest google navigation app, but if you're like me and you like to use an offline nav app like CoPilot, then this solution should work for you.

Since this problem was introduced in gingerbread 2.3.3, I thought I would try replacing the libaudiopolicy.so library with one from a gingerbread 2.3.2 rom I had laying around and voila, that seemed to have solved the problem! I haven't tested this thoroughly, but it seems to be working so far. I hope this helps anyone else out there that is still suffering from this issue.
Last edited by hexion; 2nd November 2011 at 04:51 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hexion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread