No registration required

[Q] Recommended apps for the Charge?

OP TheVrolok

25th June 2011, 05:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
More
I've taken a peak at some of the recommended apps threads in the other phone subforums and some look solid, some are a few months old, etc. While I imagine most apps aren't especially phone specific as long as they're running the same OS, I would guess that some still are (eg, Netflix).

Was hoping to see what you guys recommended as common replacements for the stock apps and any must haves?

I've already replaced my default browser with Dolphin HD, looking to replace the email client (with K9 perhaps? Just saw the name tossed around in a few threads), Launcher, SMS (SMS Pro?), Dialer (Dial One?), etc.

I've also installed the free version of Titanium Backup (I hear the paid is worth it and will most likely purchase). I've also ready Root Explorer is worth it?
Last edited by TheVrolok; 25th June 2011 at 05:59 PM.
26th June 2011, 04:31 AM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 3

71 posts
More
I have launcher Pro as my launcher.
Handscent SMS was the first alternative I've used and I love it.
Titanium Backup is worth the money.
XDA app of course

Personally, I use Pulse to get my RSS feeds. I have a slingbox so Slingplayer is a must for me. And finally I use swiftkey as my keyboard.

Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to type_2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2011, 04:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by type_2

I have launcher Pro as my launcher.
Handscent SMS was the first alternative I've used and I love it.
Titanium Backup is worth the money.
XDA app of course

Personally, I use Pulse to get my RSS feeds. I have a slingbox so Slingplayer is a must for me. And finally I use swiftkey as my keyboard.

Hope that helps.

Sure does, any direction helps for a noob.

Launcher Pro is the next thing I'm going to try. I bought Titanium Backup and it's wonderful. I am also using K9, Dolphin HD, and GO SMS (seems like it used to be inferior to Handcent, but now seems nearly identical and I just happened to DL it first). After my launcher replacement, I might see what options are around for audio/video.
26th June 2011, 05:32 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

195 posts
Adw ex for me.

Also screen filter is a wonderful edition. If you've ever used this phone in a dark room with brightness down and your eyes hurt, this will fix that.
26th June 2011, 05:49 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 48

358 posts
I am using vital player for video playing
quickpic for photo viewing
opera mini for web browsing(I like the tabbed browser and forced mobile view)
poweramp for playing music

most of the other stuff I use is stock things already in the phone or rom
26th June 2011, 03:21 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
More
Hmm.. Trying to decided between ADW Ex and LP+ now, it's tough to find true comparisons of the two because all the threads I seem to find are outdated by a few months, and in that time the apps have changed.
26th June 2011, 04:05 PM   |  #7  
Flag Albany, Ny
Thanks Meter: 4

55 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrolok

Hmm.. Trying to decided between ADW Ex and LP+ now, it's tough to find true comparisons of the two because all the threads I seem to find are outdated by a few months, and in that time the apps have changed.

I go back and forth between the two. Essentially when I wipe a rom for something new, I alternate..

they each have a few things the other doesnt that make them slightly different enough to not be one better than the other...they are both awesome and it is personal preference...
26th June 2011, 04:33 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utnapishtia

I go back and forth between the two. Essentially when I wipe a rom for something new, I alternate..

they each have a few things the other doesnt that make them slightly different enough to not be one better than the other...they are both awesome and it is personal preference...

Yeah, that's really how it seems. I think I need to just pick one and run with it.
26th June 2011, 07:32 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 48

358 posts
I am liking go launcher ex right now..not sure why but I like the customizable icons better on it
The Following User Says Thank You to chiahead52 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2011, 11:49 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 81

620 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiahead52

I am liking go launcher ex right now..not sure why but I like the customizable icons better on it

+1 go launcher is the best imo.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA Premium App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread