Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GB][2nd-boot/2nd-system][2014.02.23]MS2Ginger, AROMA, 720p, ......

Tip us?
 
TJKV
Old
#3871  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,358
Posts: 1,613
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anands3 View Post
yes ..can u give me correct step
Well obviously if you selected ms2ginger 3.0 you can't expect it to install ms2ginger 4.0

Make sure you download the correct zip file, and extract its contents into clockworkmod\backup.

I think the zip file for 4.0 has a folder called just ms2ginger. Rename that folder to ms2ginger4.0 so you don't get confused I guess. No spaces in the name though. Place that folder on 'backup' folder like I said above...

Sent from my MB526 using XDA
 
Auris 1.6 vvt-i
Old
#3872  
Auris 1.6 vvt-i's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 679
Posts: 942
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Plovdiv

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomskasarma View Post
Hello Walter,
installed 4.0 latest, everything's smooth. Installed Blur patch. Only problem so far is messaging: can't send SMS, getting end process error. Any help?
Dial *#*#4636#*#* from dialer. Chose Phone information and fix the SMS center number for your carrier.
MBM525 [CM9 ICS 4.0.4]16-07-2012, powered by Quarx \\\V6 Supercharged///


I do not provide support over PM! For CM9 questions, use my CM9 thread. For other questions - use the corresponding thread.
 
Anands3
Old
#3873  
Anands3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 158
Posts: 775
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejus.k.v View Post
Well obviously if you selected ms2ginger 3.0 you can't expect it to install ms2ginger 4.0

Make sure you download the correct zip file, and extract its contents into clockworkmod\backup.

I think the zip file for 4.0 has a folder called just ms2ginger. Rename that folder to ms2ginger4.0 so you don't get confused I guess. No spaces in the name though. Place that folder on 'backup' folder like I said above...

Sent from my MB526 using XDA
i m sure that i have downloaded a correct zip,
Restored perfectly.. and ..after that i have flashed greenbredmod4 zip,
but phone is not booting its stuck with black screen...
do i need to flash any other zip??
Right now i m on WIUI ..
Nexus 4 16 GB : Mahdi-Rom 2.4
 
Auris 1.6 vvt-i
Old
#3874  
Auris 1.6 vvt-i's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 679
Posts: 942
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Plovdiv

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anands3 View Post
i m sure that i have downloaded a correct zip,
Restored perfectly.. and ..after that i have flashed greenbredmod4 zip,
but phone is not booting its stuck with black screen...
do i need to flash any other zip??
Right now i m on WIUI ..
Reflash it but without the greenbread - it's the reason why ROM's not booting. Once it boots, start flashing the greenbreadmod's while you find the one that will let you boot (put all available ones on SD and flash one by one).
MBM525 [CM9 ICS 4.0.4]16-07-2012, powered by Quarx \\\V6 Supercharged///


I do not provide support over PM! For CM9 questions, use my CM9 thread. For other questions - use the corresponding thread.
 
thrutheeyes
Old
(Last edited by thrutheeyes; 24th April 2012 at 08:46 PM.)
#3875  
thrutheeyes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 507
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Milton Keynes
Difference between lite and normal?

EDIT - the lite is in .rar :-S
 
TJKV
Old
#3876  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,358
Posts: 1,613
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anands3 View Post
i m sure that i have downloaded a correct zip,
Restored perfectly.. and ..after that i have flashed greenbredmod4 zip,
but phone is not booting its stuck with black screen...
do i need to flash any other zip??
Right now i m on WIUI ..
Well when I flashed 4.0+greenbreadmod4, it stayed on the black screen for around 20 minutes and then started. How long did you wait? Because the boot animation is disabled when we flash the greenbreadmod I believe, so it just looks like it's not booting but it is...
The Following User Says Thank You to TJKV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
h1manshu
Old
#3877  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 121
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chandigarh
Which ROM is better at the moment? 3.0 or 4.0 beta?
I'm trying ms2ginger for first time

Defy Multiboot CM9 + MiUi
 
Anands3
Old
#3878  
Anands3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 158
Posts: 775
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejus.k.v View Post
Well when I flashed 4.0+greenbreadmod4, it stayed on the black screen for around 20 minutes and then started. How long did you wait? Because the boot animation is disabled when we flash the greenbreadmod I believe, so it just looks like it's not booting but it is...
you are right i have waited only for 10-12 Min and because of no Boot animation i felt like its bootloop

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auris 1.6 vvt-i View Post
Reflash it but without the greenbread - it's the reason why ROM's not booting. Once it boots, start flashing the greenbreadmod's while you find the one that will let you boot (put all available ones on SD and flash one by one).
i will try this
Nexus 4 16 GB : Mahdi-Rom 2.4
 
Glaux
Old
#3879  
Glaux's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 91
Join Date: Feb 2011
Is greenbread a custom kernel or some kind of patch?
 
walter79
Old
#3880  
walter79's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,490
Posts: 3,518
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: #484047

 
DONATE TO ME
New greenbreadmod online.

check mirrors.

Please do a fresh advance restore system only.
My roms, fixed-sbf, kernel:
Mirror 1 (Dev-Host)
Mirror 2 (MS-onedrive)

My custom kernel source: GITHUB

HTC LEO: Dualboot Omnirom and Evervolv - Android 4.4.4
HTC Rhodium: CM7.2 - Android 2.3.7
Huawei Mediapad hws7300u: Android 4.4.4
Motorola Defy: Dualboot MS2Ginger 5.1 + Quarx-CM-11.0
Motorola Moto G:
modded stock Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy S: Omnirom - Android 4.4.4

Rhobuntu: https://sites.google.com/site/rhobuntu/
Donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=VNEELS79XLXNJ

Tags
720p, all that cm does not have... this rom has it, defy, defy greenlens, defy+, gb for defy, gingerbread, ms2ginger, solid like rock!, speed plus stability, the best rom for defy, the most stable and best rom, walter rocks!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes