[How To] Retrieve MSL and speed up internet faster
Original Post HERE
Many many thankx to him!!
If you want to thank me, thank him insted
This will give us something to do until we get root
I only updated some pics and minor information. Also made it a lil easier on the Evo 3D community
TO SPEED UP YOUR INTERNET...
instructions from Avalaunchmods (Edited)
1. Get your MSL, by calling Sprint or by using CDMA workshop like i explain below
2. After you have your MSL go to your phone and type ##3282#
3. Click Edit Mode
4. Click Advanced
5. Scroll down to RTSP/HTTP Setting
6. Change RTSP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You can leave this blank if you like
7. Change RTSP proxy Port to 0 (Zero)
8. HTTP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You could leave this blank if you like
9. HTTP proxy port to 0 (Zero)
10.Go enjoy Downloads and a .20-.60 mbps increase in 3G speeds!
*********Original settings if you want to revert back.
rtsp proxy ip: rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com
rtsp proxy port: 554
http proxy ip: pd.vog.sprintpcs.com
http proxy port: 8085
TO GET YOUR MSL USING CDMA WORKSHOP
Please be very careful with CDMA Workshop. I am not responsible for your curiosity, or stupidity!
I have included screenshots for installing the drivers on Windows 7 x64. This seems to be a little different for most users, so I hope this helps. Windows XP should be pretty similar to below. You can enter Device Manager the same way. Some of the prompts will be slightly different, but at the end most of the same dialogs will appear.
The Demo version will be able to retrieve the MSL.
HTC Diag Drivers
I have compiled this zip which includes both x86 (32 bit), and x64 (64 bit) drivers for HTC diagnostics. I have successfully tested the x64 drivers on Windows 7, and all works without issue.
The Fun Part
- Dial ##DIAG# (##3424#) on your phone.
- Connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable. When prompted to install the drivers use the drivers from the ZIP provided above.
Windows will probably not be able to find the drivers:
You will need to manually install the drivers from Device Manager. Quickest way to get there is to press the Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog. Type in devmgmt.msc:
Once Device Manager is open you will see it cannot find the HTC Diag driver
Right click on HTC Diag, and go to Update Driver. You will be prompted with the following, choose Browse my Computer. Then choose Let me Pick. Click Next. Click Have Disk. Browse to the drivers you downloaded, and choose the proper INF file. Click Next. Then finally Yes, if prompted
If all went well you will see it installing the driver. Then finally let you know it was successfully installed!
- Run CDMA Workshop you downloaded earlier.
Once CDMA Workshop is open click the word Port found on the left:
You will be given the options to select the correct COM port (Please note the demo version will only go to COM9. If you have an issue with this please follow this tutorial written by me to lower you port if you have one above 9.....
1. Connect your phone to computer and dial ##3424#
2. Go to device manager and double click modem.. you should see something named HTC USB modem #2 if you see that do a right click and click propeties (it might freeze for a few seconds, if nothing happens try again.)
3. Once the propeties window opens click on the tab advance.
4. Look for Advance Port Settings, and click it.
5 .A new window should open.. now u should be able to see the option to change the COM Port its called COM Port Number... Make sure you change it to port 9 and below... Once you done changing the port press ok, ok and exit device manager
You succesfully change your port! and now you are able to use CMDA Workshop!
Once the correct COM port is selected click Connect:
Head over to the Security tab and click Read under the SPC / User Lock section:
If all has gone well you will be given your MSL code! It is the 6 digit number listed after pressing Read. Great Success!
The following sections should prompt for your MSL code. Enter what you have retrieved to find out if it is in fact the correct MSL code.
If you followed the steps correctly, the code should work.
Hope this helps everyone with finding their MSL when Sprint will not give it to you. Again, I am not responsible for what you do with this information. This is a use at your own risk method!