Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,468 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] google music beta

Tip us?

legion21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] google music beta

I've been invited to the Google music beta and I have uploaded my songs but I can't access them on my xoom. When I open the music app it just tells me I have no songs on my zoom and that I should connect via USB to transfer songs onto my xoom

chbennett
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Uninstall the music app and reinstall. When my DX had the same problem, that fixed it.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

Kcarpenter
Old
Thanks Meter 146
It sounds like you are usng the stock music app, you need to download a new one from the market.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App
-----------------
-HTC EVO LTE - Stock ATM
Google+: Karl Carpenter
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/kcarpenter5407
Twitter: @KCarpenter528

willverduzco
Old
Portal Administrator
Thanks Meter 2,849

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcarpenter View Post
It sounds like you are usng the stock music app, you need to download a new one from the market.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App
Precisely. The OP's issue will be fixed with the updated media player from the Market.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a news tip! - [moderate | film | foto | develop]

legion21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
thanks, I did check for an updated version before I posted here but the market just said I have the application installed, and it wouldn't let me uninstall it. However I was able to use titanium backup to uninstall the stock music app and then download the new version

shaun0207
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Default Uploading music is slow......

I tried uploading some music yesterday and it didn't work. So I started the upload again at 8:30am this morning./ 216 songs are still not done.

I don't know if its my connection at work or what. So I'm gonna try it at home tonight.

mikeserv
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Took me like 5 days to get all 60gbs uploaded. It takes awhile.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

DANOinSD
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Music

Yeah, the upload is waay slow, took me three days to upload 7gb. And just in case make sure you sign in/attach your acct in the app for your music to show up. Took me a day er two to figure that one out. Still don't understand why google thought this was necessary when your G-acct is linked to the phone.
GS4-I337, Nexus 4, Note 10.1, VZW Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, Infuse, Atrix, Xoom 4G, Evo, eLocity A7
The Following User Says Thank You to DANOinSD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaun0207
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOinSD View Post
Yeah, the upload is waay slow, took me three days to upload 7gb. And just in case make sure you sign in/attach your acct in the app for your music to show up. Took me a day er two to figure that one out. Still don't understand why google thought this was necessary when your G-acct is linked to the phone.
Yeah, they want you to sign into all all Google apps for some reason