Post Reply

How to root htc chacha?

OP mrteii

19th July 2011, 08:47 PM   |  #11  
adlx.xda's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 815
 
1,035 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrteii

any one got successful on rooting chacha? i failed to make it..

can't we try to fastboot boot the trial recovery and get root from there? (I have not managed to get the phone recognized by fastboot yet... Any help? (I'm S-Off and HTC-n00b lol)
20th July 2011, 12:41 PM   |  #12  
adlx.xda's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 815
 
1,035 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlx.xda

can't we try to fastboot boot the trial recovery and get root from there? (I have not managed to get the phone recognized by fastboot yet... Any help? (I'm S-Off and HTC-n00b lol)

Tried and it doesn't work, the phone won't accept remote install .

So far I've tried also:
- psneuter: won't work
- gingerbreak: won't work
- RageAgainstTheCage: won't work

Anything else that could be tried?

I've seen an exploit to some new kernels (nelson): http://lwn.net/Articles/419141/, and I have tried to build it but I'm stuck with an error. Any hint?

nelson.c:151: warning: 'regparm' attribute directive ignored
nelson.c:152: warning: 'regparm' attribute directive ignored
nelson.c:158: warning: 'regparm' attribute directive ignored
nelson.c:171: warning: 'regparm' attribute directive ignored
nelson.c: In function 'main':
nelson.c:262: error: too many arguments to function 'clone'
20th July 2011, 02:02 PM   |  #13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
The latest veersion of SuperOneClick supports 2.3.3.
Did you try it?
20th July 2011, 08:48 PM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
593 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
yep (10 chars)
The Following User Says Thank You to theloginwithnoname For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2011, 01:10 PM   |  #15  
adlx.xda's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 815
 
1,035 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
More
Maybe a lead to root and custom roms? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=11
24th July 2011, 12:17 AM   |  #16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
I am possibly getting a ChaCha in the next few days, and understand that it has not been rooted yet.

Has anyone tried using fre3vo (http://therootofallevo.com/forums/vi...hp?f=6&t=120)? It was originally designed for the Sensation and Evo 3D, but with these instructions, it works with other devices (a few people have confirmed it working on the Desire Z (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=21)), so it got me thinking: would this work with the ChaCha?

fre3vo is only temporary root, but it might open up possibilities for S-OFFing, etc. Anyone willing to follow those instructions and give fre3vo a try?


EDIT: forgot to link to fre3vo itself (derpderp), it should be attached to this post in .zip format
Attached Files
File Type: zip fre3vo.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.0 KB, 176 views)
Last edited by qzfive; 24th July 2011 at 01:22 AM.
24th July 2011, 01:49 AM   |  #17  
Moody's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 447
 
797 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qzfive

I am possibly getting a ChaCha in the next few days, and understand that it has not been rooted yet.

Has anyone tried using fre3vo (http://therootofallevo.com/forums/vi...hp?f=6&t=120)? It was originally designed for the Sensation and Evo 3D, but with these instructions, it works with other devices (a few people have confirmed it working on the Desire Z (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=21)), so it got me thinking: would this work with the ChaCha?

fre3vo is only temporary root, but it might open up possibilities for S-OFFing, etc. Anyone willing to follow those instructions and give fre3vo a try?


EDIT: forgot to link to fre3vo itself (derpderp), it should be attached to this post in .zip format

Stock fr3vo won't work, no one tried using your link yet though.
24th July 2011, 02:12 AM   |  #18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikevhl

Stock fr3vo won't work, no one tried using your link yet though.

Yeah, the stock one I tried before on my Desire Z said that it's an unsupported handset, but with the one I attached to that post and the instructions I linked to, I'm able to get temp root (via adb shell) on it on Gingerbread, where all other exploits were fixed (rage/psneuter/etc). I hope this works on the ChaCha
25th July 2011, 12:59 PM   |  #19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
184 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
No luck.

I just tried unpacking the above fre3vo zip file - the app wasn't called .apk so I renamed it and tried opening it. "Error parsing the package."
25th July 2011, 01:54 PM   |  #20  
Moody's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 447
 
797 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvfk

No luck.

I just tried unpacking the above fre3vo zip file - the app wasn't called .apk so I renamed it and tried opening it. "Error parsing the package."

It's not an APK file, nor an Update.zip. They are binary programs without any Graphical User Interface and have to be run through the terminal, please read the instructions I provided below:

Extract Fre3vo.zip
open a command prompt and type in:
adb push fre3vo /data/local/tmp
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo
adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug
* Now, you should get a debug trace showing us scanning regions. If it doesn't, game over.

We're going to run this with different start and stop addresses...
adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start 10000000 -end 1FFFFFFF
adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start 20000000 -end 2FFFFFFF
adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start 30000000 -end 3FFFFFFF
adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start F0000000 -end FFFFFFFF
adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start E0000000 -end EFFFFFFF


Don't be surprised if the scan hangs, or the device spontaneously reboots. This is normal when doing blind memory scans. Just reboot the device, and start with the next scan.

Source

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes