Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] E:format_volume: rfs format failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

OP mozambik

26th June 2011, 10:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
Hello,

after update to stock I9000XXJVP from samfirmare with MD5 check (Odin 1.7, 3 files rom, pit 512, with Re-Partition, auto reboot and bootloader update) all was fine until I reboot the phone.
I got boot loops.
I again flash the phone with the same rom and same settings as above. After first reset I have:

Successfuly installed package.
Successfuly copied media files.

E:format_volume: rfs format failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
Data wipe failed.

Successfuly applied multi-SCS.

Then I choose wipe data/factory reset from Android system recovery (3e) and got the same error:

then I choose wipe cache partition and hit reboot system now.

And again boot loop...

Please help, I'm searching for sollution from two days.. I tried to flash others roms but with same result...
26th June 2011, 05:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 35

147 posts
More
Try flashing back to froyo or even ezy base froyo (preffered), then flash ginger rom with bootloaders, flash speedmod kernel (latest) convert everything to ext4 and do a factory wipe in cwm recovery, then custom rom. Works for me everytime.
Goodluck

Sent from my GT-P7100 using Tapatalk
26th June 2011, 05:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

44 posts
More
You can always reflash with .pit and repartition, to fix such partition issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to profalbert For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2011, 06:08 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by panjaby

Try flashing back to froyo or even ezy base froyo (preffered), then flash ginger rom with bootloaders, flash speedmod kernel (latest) convert everything to ext4 and do a factory wipe in cwm recovery, then custom rom. Works for me everytime.

I flashed with Odin with 512pit, re-parttion and bootloader update: 2.1 Eclair JM1, 2.2.1 Froyo JPU, 2.3.3 Ficeto_Deodexed_JVH_I9000_ODIN, and stock 2.3.4 JPU.. none of this work, every time boot-loop
I tried speedmod kernel and turn off all lagfix'es. Now all is in RFS.

Why I should convert everything back to ext4 ??

I think my problem is with internal SD-Card.. Flashing ROMs and KERNELs do not touch internal SD-Card.

From recovery I can't format internal SD-Card (memory):
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (No such file or directory)
E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD
your storage not prepared yet. please use UI menu for format and reboot actions.
Last edited by mozambik; 26th June 2011 at 06:12 PM.
4th July 2011, 12:38 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have the same problem, Anyone can help?
4th July 2011, 03:50 PM   |  #6  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 90

309 posts
More
I had this problem the first time I tried to install a new rom after rooting my phone. There's a thread somewhere with a solution (in the Dev section I think, if I remember rightly) which I followed and it worked a treat.

Just install firmware PDA-I900XXJP1 and pit file 512 with odin. Tick Re-partition. I'm not sure if any other stock firmware works but this is the one advised in the thread and it's the one I used, successfully.

This will get you back to an older version of stock Froyo. From there you can root again and flash an updated rom.

Sorry, it won't let me upload the files for some reason but they can easily be found in the stock rom thread.

Hope this helps.
15th July 2011, 10:37 AM   |  #7  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 132

489 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggshaped

I had this problem the first time I tried to install a new rom after rooting my phone. There's a thread somewhere with a solution (in the Dev section I think, if I remember rightly) which I followed and it worked a treat.

Just install firmware PDA-I900XXJP1 and pit file 512 with odin. Tick Re-partition. I'm not sure if any other stock firmware works but this is the one advised in the thread and it's the one I used, successfully.

This will get you back to an older version of stock Froyo. From there you can root again and flash an updated rom.

Sorry, it won't let me upload the files for some reason but they can easily be found in the stock rom thread.

Hope this helps.

It killed my download-mode!
27th March 2012, 12:57 PM   |  #8  
Flag L'Aquila
Thanks Meter: 10

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozambik

Hello,

after update to stock I9000XXJVP from samfirmare with MD5 check (Odin 1.7, 3 files rom, pit 512, with Re-Partition, auto reboot and bootloader update) all was fine until I reboot the phone.
I got boot loops.
I again flash the phone with the same rom and same settings as above. After first reset I have:

Successfuly installed package.
Successfuly copied media files.

Data wipe failed.

Successfuly applied multi-SCS.

Then I choose wipe data/factory reset from Android system recovery (3e) and got the same error:

then I choose wipe cache partition and hit reboot system now.

And again boot loop...

Please help, I'm searching for sollution from two days.. I tried to flash others roms but with same result...

Ihave the same problem,
how did you solve???

thank you
30th March 2012, 12:32 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 8

25 posts
More
i know this message "E:format_volume: rfs format failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2" from another forum only in the context of a damaged internal sd.
31st March 2012, 01:16 AM   |  #10  

45 posts
Flashing stock rom with re partition ticked fixes this problem for me every single time dont know why it isnt working for you guys :/
Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mmcblk0p2
Previous Thread Next Thread