Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 40,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting Samsung Galaxy Player YP-G70 (5.0 wifi)

Tip us?
 
manu17300
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Hello everyone I can not rooter my samsung galaxy s wifi YP-5.0 g70 g70
someone can help me thank you
 
tapioco2000
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 151
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by manu17300 View Post
Hello everyone I can not rooter my samsung galaxy s wifi YP-5.0 g70 g70
someone can help me thank you
what's the problem?
 
os2baba
Old
(Last edited by os2baba; 25th September 2011 at 06:30 AM.)
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 268
Join Date: May 2009
Default Stuck at Step#1

I can't get my Samsung galaxy S 5 wifi rooted either. First I was getting stuck on detecting the device like the OP. Then I installed the latest drivers from the link tapioco2000 provided (Thanks tapioco2000!). Now I can see the device when I type "adb devices". And Super One Click now progresses to Step #1. But now it's stuck there trying to temporary install busybox. I tried the Shell Root method as well. But there I get stuck at step #1 as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
j7777v
Old
#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2011
got mine rooted! Now what's the best rom to install?!
 
Ishman
Old
#15  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 71
Join Date: Sep 2007
Need to be careful about the ROMS, you can download the stock ROM currently and it is easy to root. Don't forget to enable USB debugging.

I bricked mine after some root tweaking, and was able to restore using ODIN and the original firmware.
 
os2baba
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 268
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by os2baba View Post
I can't get my Samsung galaxy S 5 wifi rooted either. First I was getting stuck on detecting the device like the OP. Then I installed the latest drivers from the link tapioco2000 provided (Thanks tapioco2000!). Now I can see the device when I type "adb devices". And Super One Click now progresses to Step #1. But now it's stuck there trying to temporary install busybox. I tried the Shell Root method as well. But there I get stuck at step #1 as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
So no one else is stuck with rooting the device? Especially at Step #1 where it can't seem to install busybox?
 
Ishman
Old
#17  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 71
Join Date: Sep 2007
Make sure you are in USB debug mode and have allow non-market installations checked. See if that helps any.
 
os2baba
Old
#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 268
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishman View Post
Make sure you are in USB debug mode and have allow non-market installations checked. See if that helps any.
Yes both are set.
 
khakala
Old
#19  
khakala's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 105
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland
Default problem root my device - superuser will not install to device?

After rooting i can not find superuser from programs list?

SuperOneClick v2.1.1.0
Checking drivers...
Killing ADB Server...
OK 1,59s
Starting ADB Server...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
OK 4,06s
Waiting for device...
OK 0,03s
2.2.2
Getting manufacturer...
samsung
OK 0,04s
Getting model...
YP-G70
OK 0,04s
Getting version...
XXKG1
OK 0,04s
Checking if rooted...
True
OK 0,06s
Installing BusyBox (temporary)... - Step #1
708 KB/s (1062992 bytes in 1.465s)
OK 1,51s
Installing BusyBox (temporary)... - Step #2
OK 0,05s
Rooting device... - Step #1
295 KB/s (585731 bytes in 1.937s)
OK 1,97s
Rooting device... - Step #2
OK 0,04s
Rooting device... - Step #3
OK 0,01s
Rooting device... - Step #4
property service neutered.
killing adbd. (should restart in a second or two)
OK 0,06s
Rooting device... - Step #5
OK 8,08s
Remounting /system with read-write access...
OK
OK 0,10s
Creating /system/xbin...
mkdir failed for /system/xbin, File exists
OK 0,05s
Installing su (/system/xbin)... - Step #1
328 KB/s (26264 bytes in 0.078s)
OK 0,54s
Installing su (/system/xbin)... - Step #2
OK 0,05s
Installing su (/system/xbin)... - Step #3
OK 0,04s
Installing SuperUser... - Step #1
176 KB/s (196521 bytes in 1.089s)
OK 1,32s
Checking for busybox
OK 0,04s
Remounting /system with read-only access...
OK
OK 0,34s
Running a SU test...
Test failed!
FAILED
Now in use: Nokia Lumia 1320 and LG Nexus 5
 
madsere
Old
#20  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 83
Join Date: May 2010
Did anyone try installing a standard Galaxy S ROM on it? I mean, it seems to be the same hardware sans the phone/3G transmitter, no?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes