Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

A/C adapter

OP fliberdygibits

26th June 2011, 01:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
I know the Streak 7 requires about 5.4 volts and something well over the normal 500mA to chage so not just any A/C to USB charger will work. Anyone know offhand of a good source for an adapter that will charge the 7 and preferably has a folding plug or the like so it's streamlined and also something that's rugged. I don't want a cheap $1.99 cent no name piece of plastic.

Thanks
27th June 2011, 07:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 135

693 posts
More
Any 5v 2 AMP charger will work.
1st August 2011, 10:41 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 27

57 posts
I too am looking for an a/c charger and would love an affordable recommendation. Ive looked everywhere and I find chargers that are like $24 (way too much) or like a dollar (don't trust it at that price). Thanks alot.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium App
2nd August 2011, 11:02 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

41 posts
I have one HTC 5V 1A adapter from my old Hero that works (folding plugs), also LG 5V 700ma works as well (from Optimus One). I am sure these are slower at charging but they do work. Would be good for overnight charging.
The Following User Says Thank You to farfromuman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2011, 11:29 PM   |  #5  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 63

488 posts
More
Any ideas on a good, AA powered USB charger? I know AAs will get eaten pretty quick, but I have some Eneloops sitting around doing nothing and I'd love to get a little more juice on the go.

Juice on the go. Now I have a picture of a white Bronco slowly fleeing the cops down the freeway stuck in my head.
2nd August 2011, 11:29 PM   |  #6  

57 posts
Thanks. I guess as long as they work it doesn't really matter how long they take to charge. Hopefully with all the tablets coming out, a/c to USB 2 amp chargers will become more accessable at lower prices. Until then ill just use a 1 amp charger.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium App
3rd August 2011, 05:18 PM   |  #7  

57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4nd4r

Any ideas on a good, AA powered USB charger? I know AAs will get eaten pretty quick, but I have some Eneloops sitting around doing nothing and I'd love to get a little more juice on the go.

Juice on the go. Now I have a picture of a white Bronco slowly fleeing the cops down the freeway stuck in my head.

This is the only thing i could find along those lines. But the website looks pretty sketch so Im not sure if i would trust it. just replace the " DOT " in the link with periods, I cant post links cause im a noob

http COLON //www DOT meritline DOT com/external-backup-usb-charger-for-iphone-and-ipod-black---p-55167 DOT aspx
The Following User Says Thank You to asjimene For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2011, 05:25 PM   |  #8  

57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman

I have one HTC 5V 1A adapter from my old Hero that works (folding plugs), also LG 5V 700ma works as well (from Optimus One). I am sure these are slower at charging but they do work. Would be good for overnight charging.

Thanks, I went on amazon and ordered a charger for a Palm, it looks really nice and it was less than 4 bucks, Ill post again when I get it with a link if it works.
3rd August 2011, 05:57 PM   |  #9  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 63

488 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjimene

This is the only thing i could find along those lines. But the website looks pretty sketch so Im not sure if i would trust it. just replace the " DOT " in the link with periods, I cant post links cause im a noob

http COLON //www DOT meritline DOT com/external-backup-usb-charger-for-iphone-and-ipod-black---p-55167 DOT aspx

I got that one, but it only worked for about 20 seconds and then never worked again. I got a replacement, same deal. It seems very cheaply made and heats up very quickly. I made sure my Eneloops had a full charge, too.
3rd August 2011, 06:10 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
I use the newest iphone 4 (white phone) usb plug. The printed spec says 1 amp, but it works fine, I am assuming it is the same unit as the ipad, but a different sticker. iphone 3 plug did not work.

Sent from my streak7 using XDA Premium App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread