FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

A/C adapter

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By fliberdygibits, Junior Member on 26th June 2011, 12:36 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I know the Streak 7 requires about 5.4 volts and something well over the normal 500mA to chage so not just any A/C to USB charger will work. Anyone know offhand of a good source for an adapter that will charge the 7 and preferably has a folding plug or the like so it's streamlined and also something that's rugged. I don't want a cheap $1.99 cent no name piece of plastic.

Thanks

27th June 2011, 06:14 PM |#2  
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Any 5v 2 AMP charger will work.
1st August 2011, 09:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I too am looking for an a/c charger and would love an affordable recommendation. Ive looked everywhere and I find chargers that are like $24 (way too much) or like a dollar (don't trust it at that price). Thanks alot.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium App
2nd August 2011, 10:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have one HTC 5V 1A adapter from my old Hero that works (folding plugs), also LG 5V 700ma works as well (from Optimus One). I am sure these are slower at charging but they do work. Would be good for overnight charging.
The Following User Says Thank You to farfromuman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2011, 10:29 PM |#5  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Any ideas on a good, AA powered USB charger? I know AAs will get eaten pretty quick, but I have some Eneloops sitting around doing nothing and I'd love to get a little more juice on the go.

Juice on the go. Now I have a picture of a white Bronco slowly fleeing the cops down the freeway stuck in my head.
2nd August 2011, 10:29 PM |#6  

More
Thanks. I guess as long as they work it doesn't really matter how long they take to charge. Hopefully with all the tablets coming out, a/c to USB 2 amp chargers will become more accessable at lower prices. Until then ill just use a 1 amp charger.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium App
3rd August 2011, 04:18 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4nd4r

Any ideas on a good, AA powered USB charger? I know AAs will get eaten pretty quick, but I have some Eneloops sitting around doing nothing and I'd love to get a little more juice on the go.

Juice on the go. Now I have a picture of a white Bronco slowly fleeing the cops down the freeway stuck in my head.

This is the only thing i could find along those lines. But the website looks pretty sketch so Im not sure if i would trust it. just replace the " DOT " in the link with periods, I cant post links cause im a noob

http COLON //www DOT meritline DOT com/external-backup-usb-charger-for-iphone-and-ipod-black---p-55167 DOT aspx
The Following User Says Thank You to asjimene For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2011, 04:25 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman

I have one HTC 5V 1A adapter from my old Hero that works (folding plugs), also LG 5V 700ma works as well (from Optimus One). I am sure these are slower at charging but they do work. Would be good for overnight charging.

Thanks, I went on amazon and ordered a charger for a Palm, it looks really nice and it was less than 4 bucks, Ill post again when I get it with a link if it works.
3rd August 2011, 04:57 PM |#9  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjimene

This is the only thing i could find along those lines. But the website looks pretty sketch so Im not sure if i would trust it. just replace the " DOT " in the link with periods, I cant post links cause im a noob

http COLON //www DOT meritline DOT com/external-backup-usb-charger-for-iphone-and-ipod-black---p-55167 DOT aspx

I got that one, but it only worked for about 20 seconds and then never worked again. I got a replacement, same deal. It seems very cheaply made and heats up very quickly. I made sure my Eneloops had a full charge, too.
3rd August 2011, 05:10 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I use the newest iphone 4 (white phone) usb plug. The printed spec says 1 amp, but it works fine, I am assuming it is the same unit as the ipad, but a different sticker. iphone 3 plug did not work.

Sent from my streak7 using XDA Premium App
3rd August 2011, 05:31 PM |#11  

More
Yeah, i thought it looked shady. But hopefully the cheap 1 amp charger i bought will work. There were some promising rechargeable external batteries on amazon, they run like 60 bucks but they put out an amp and look like they are high quality.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread