Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,166 Members 45,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Giving serious thought to moving to the Evo 3D

Tip us?

nubsors
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Smile Giving serious thought to moving to the Evo 3D

Anyone else giving serious thought to moving to the Evo 3D from the Epic? I am. I know the bootloader is encrypted and that there is no guarantee that it will be unlocked but I just went to the Sprint store and played around with one for a few minutes.

What I noticed was that the screen was not nearly as washed out as the Evo 4G. I also liked how incredibly smooth the screen transition effects were. I've always liked sense but I also like TW3 and TW4.

So the one thing that really caught me off guard was the 3D pictures and movies. I was a little shocked at how cool they looked. I totally thought it was going to look like crap and that the 3D would be a feature I would never use. WRONG! I would probably use it all the time.
Get dropbox, it owns.

magoo5289
Old
Thanks Meter 55
No, I've heard the 3D is pretty much rubbish. I'm sold on the Within which'll be released in about a month's time. A far superior phone imho.
The Following User Says Thank You to magoo5289 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jakmai
Old
(Last edited by jakmai; 26th June 2011 at 08:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
what is the Within?

Edit: ah its the galaxy s2. That phone is the best smartphone made to date.

gradynyc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubsors View Post

What I noticed was that the screen was not nearly as washed out as the Evo 4G. I also liked how incredibly smooth the screen transition effects were.
Sounds like your trying to convince yourself. I played with it a couple days ago and the screen definitely is no Samsung screen. I think i'll wait for the Within or something else down the road. Great specs and speed on the phone though.

cberrios
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I got it for my wife as a replacement for her epic. She loves it... And I must admit the phone is pretty darn good... Is smooth and responsive... I'm still holding on my epic for now...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Dulanic
Old
Thanks Meter 53
This is the epic forum the evo 3D forum is ------>

We have enough spam from trolls, we don't need to hear what phone that isn't a epic your thinking about TBH.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dulanic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heathmcabee
Old
Thanks Meter 139
The Evo 3d will be unlocked. It has been confirmed. Everyone just wants to be little cry baby's about it not being unlocked right now. + everyone in the Epic forums are sour about the Evo 3d for some reason. Not sure why.

bigray327
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathmcabee View Post
everyone in the Epic forums are sour about the Evo 3d for some reason. Not sure why.
Perhaps because this is an Epic forum and we don't come here to talk about other phones.
Ray

063_XOBX
Old
Thanks Meter 1,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathmcabee View Post
+ everyone in the Epic forums are sour about the Evo 3d for some reason. Not sure why.
Because they don't get to bash it for having a weaker GPU like they did with the Evo 4G.
Use this LINK to join Dropbox and gain an extra 500mb. Oh and I get it too!

Buy and Sell Bitcoins on Coin Base Free $5.00 worth of BItcoins with your first $100+ purchase

I DO NOT answer technical question via PM.

jgalan14
Old
Thanks Meter 367

DONATE TO ME
I had and evo 4g it is agreat phone , also had the nexus s and now the epic they all hav e there ups and down I do want a gs2 phone tho if it is slim as the european version I'm definetely gettin it, my upgrade is do in december (maybe I get the nexus 3 if avaiable for sprint) so will see what's out then I was gonna get and evo 3d but qhd doesn't convince maybe it would if ithad sper amoled screen that's one of the reason I like the epic and the nexus, evo screen suck compare to my iphone 3gs, but for now the epic is doing good I hope gingerbread is out soon for epic

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk