Giving serious thought to moving to the Evo 3D

OP nubsors

26th June 2011, 09:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fremont
Thanks Meter: 23

337 posts
More
Anyone else giving serious thought to moving to the Evo 3D from the Epic? I am. I know the bootloader is encrypted and that there is no guarantee that it will be unlocked but I just went to the Sprint store and played around with one for a few minutes.

What I noticed was that the screen was not nearly as washed out as the Evo 4G. I also liked how incredibly smooth the screen transition effects were. I've always liked sense but I also like TW3 and TW4.

So the one thing that really caught me off guard was the 3D pictures and movies. I was a little shocked at how cool they looked. I totally thought it was going to look like crap and that the 3D would be a feature I would never use. WRONG! I would probably use it all the time.
26th June 2011, 09:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Queens, NY
Thanks Meter: 57

295 posts
More
No, I've heard the 3D is pretty much rubbish. I'm sold on the Within which'll be released in about a month's time. A far superior phone imho.
The Following User Says Thank You to magoo5289 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2011, 09:40 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

97 posts
what is the Within?

Edit: ah its the galaxy s2. That phone is the best smartphone made to date.
Last edited by jakmai; 26th June 2011 at 09:44 PM.
26th June 2011, 09:46 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubsors

What I noticed was that the screen was not nearly as washed out as the Evo 4G. I also liked how incredibly smooth the screen transition effects were.

Sounds like your trying to convince yourself. I played with it a couple days ago and the screen definitely is no Samsung screen. I think i'll wait for the Within or something else down the road. Great specs and speed on the phone though.
26th June 2011, 10:12 PM   |  #5  
Flag Williamsville
Thanks Meter: 9

55 posts
More
I got it for my wife as a replacement for her epic. She loves it... And I must admit the phone is pretty darn good... Is smooth and responsive... I'm still holding on my epic for now...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
26th June 2011, 10:16 PM   |  #6  
Flag Fall River, MA
Thanks Meter: 54

578 posts
More
This is the epic forum the evo 3D forum is ------>

We have enough spam from trolls, we don't need to hear what phone that isn't a epic your thinking about TBH.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dulanic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2011, 10:37 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 139

902 posts
The Evo 3d will be unlocked. It has been confirmed. Everyone just wants to be little cry baby's about it not being unlocked right now. + everyone in the Epic forums are sour about the Evo 3d for some reason. Not sure why.
26th June 2011, 10:42 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 45

306 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathmcabee

everyone in the Epic forums are sour about the Evo 3d for some reason. Not sure why.

Perhaps because this is an Epic forum and we don't come here to talk about other phones.
26th June 2011, 10:43 PM   |  #9  
Flag ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Thanks Meter: 1,751

7,444 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathmcabee

+ everyone in the Epic forums are sour about the Evo 3d for some reason. Not sure why.

Because they don't get to bash it for having a weaker GPU like they did with the Evo 4G.
26th June 2011, 10:44 PM   |  #10  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 367

3,713 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had and evo 4g it is agreat phone , also had the nexus s and now the epic they all hav e there ups and down I do want a gs2 phone tho if it is slim as the european version I'm definetely gettin it, my upgrade is do in december (maybe I get the nexus 3 if avaiable for sprint) so will see what's out then I was gonna get and evo 3d but qhd doesn't convince maybe it would if ithad sper amoled screen that's one of the reason I like the epic and the nexus, evo screen suck compare to my iphone 3gs, but for now the epic is doing good I hope gingerbread is out soon for epic

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread