Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GAME] [1.6+/3.0+] Four in a Row HD 4.5 - New Premium features, 1M installs!

OP mocelet2000

27th June 2011, 12:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Madrid, Spain
Thanks Meter: 22

65 posts
The most complete Four in a Row game of the Play Store with over 400 puzzles and skill-based matchmaking. Get it on Google Play

Latest update: Version 4.5 New Premium features! Celebrating ONE MILLION downloads!!

Having achieved over a million installs the most feature-packed Four in a Row of the Store receives reworked graphics for both mobile phones and tablets.
  • New Premium features Unlock the Pop-Out game variation where you can either add new discs as usual or remove one from the bottom. A new challenge, available in custom match (VS AI or VS local player) and the new Pop-Out riddle set. Premium will of course remove ads and unlock an additional set of pro riddles. (v4.5)
  • Enhanced look & feel with reworked boards with 3D effect, floor and board stand, sleeker UI. (v 4.4)
  • More user friendly thanks to Android design guidelines, integrating the Action Bar as well as a View Pager to browse the riddles. Options have been simplified and reorganized.
  • More content, with new riddles, now more than 400! As usual, carefully designed to challenge, entertain and teach the techniques at once.
  • Keeping its unique fast, no sign-up needed, online multiplayer with skill based matchmaking, timer and world ranking. (v.4.3)

Thanks to the XDA community to help making this game the best of its genre. Also thank you for the warm welcome to the sibling project Lines & Puzzles (non-gravitational connect three, four and five)

Best regards,

Alberto

Download link:

The new Pop-Out Premium variation, note you can remove discs from the bottom row!

Multiwindow compatibility for Galaxy Note devices!
Last edited by mocelet2000; 28th June 2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: 4.4 update, reworked graphics
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mocelet2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2011, 08:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 18

82 posts
More
Red face
Nice implementation of 4 in a row. The computer is also not too easy which is the case in most implementation.

A real keeper for me to kill some time with

There is one minor feedback I can give you, that is that when someone does win the game the highlights around the edge doesn't match with the rest of the look. The game does look very good for a four in a row, but the green circles look a bit cheap compared with the overall look.
Last edited by Tricky-Design; 27th June 2011 at 08:06 PM.
27th June 2011, 08:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2,514

6,515 posts
Thank you. I've installed and replaced my original. Left a 5 star review on Market.
27th June 2011, 09:02 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Madrid, Spain

65 posts
Thanks for the feedback!

@Tricky-Design , you're right, I have to work on that. Some of the UI elements are from previous versions with no skins (well, the solid blue one called Plastic now), so the green was intended to match the blue, not metal or wood. Maybe a translucent yellow ring will fit better, we'll see ^^

@nobnut, so that's yours, thanks so much for the rating!
28th June 2011, 08:39 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 18

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocelet2000

Thanks for the feedback!

@Tricky-Design , you're right, I have to work on that. Some of the UI elements are from previous versions with no skins (well, the solid blue one called Plastic now), so the green was intended to match the blue, not metal or wood. Maybe a translucent yellow ring will fit better, we'll see ^^

I'm curious what you gonna do.

I've rated it too with 5 stars and some nice words in the comment
28th June 2011, 10:35 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Madrid, Spain

65 posts
Thanks for the review @Tricky-Design ! ^^ I hope you (and everyone else) like the new update 2.9, it has a couple of surprises

Ok, I can't wait to tell them, hahaha, there's a new front screen. I hated the old 50 KB bitmap, it looked great in mobile phones, but not in tablets. It's gone, and since I didn't know what to do with those spare 50 KB, I've just added a new skin, probably influenced by the VERY HOT day we are having in Madrid today.

Since the new front screen is made from scratch, please tell me if there's any issue with your device / screen resolution / orientation / whatever to fix it as soon as possible. Thanks!

Update, a picture of the new front screen:
Last edited by mocelet2000; 29th June 2011 at 09:06 AM.
29th June 2011, 12:50 AM   |  #7  
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 520

3,936 posts
More
Stop. Its portal time. *dah dah dah da* Ok so bad rendition of hammer time.

Ok I will stop.
29th June 2011, 11:15 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Madrid, Spain

65 posts
@TheRomMistress, right, haha, it wasn't too late for a Spaniard anyway

I wonder if there's any issue with the new front screen introduced yesterday in version 2.9. If anyone here can test that with an entry-level Android phone with small screen, I'd be grateful.
1st July 2011, 05:44 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Madrid, Spain

65 posts
Version 2.9.1 in the Market. Thanks to being featured in XDA Portal, I've received quite a lot of feedback

This update tries to address the feedback I've received about quitters when a online match is in progress.

To be honest I've not played with any quitter yet, maybe once or twice in a month. But now the handling for these cases is better both in client and server:
- Client side will show a notice to potential quitters if the abandon is not considered legitimate.
- Game server will start penalizing quitters by lowering their chances to find new players (someone suggested me to match them to other quitters, that would be interesting too xD).

In case the abandon (pressing BACK during online gameplay) is at the very beginning of the match or if the remote player is taking too long to move, no notice is shown and no penalization applied.
4th July 2011, 12:08 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Madrid, Spain

65 posts
Release 3.0 is out, and to celebrate its success there is a brand new and unique section that you won't find in any other Four in a Row game:

Riddles! Enjoy and learn with +200 carefully designed riddles for solo play that will tease your brain and game variations like "DON'T connect four" or "Fill the board", where alternative winning rules apply for an added fun.

Some riddles won't take you more than few seconds ("Ultimate move" section), others are pretty challenging as you have to chain more and more perfect moves to solve it.

Hope you enjoy all the new features of the most feature-packed Four in a Row ever. Please note that riddles are for play solo, but game variations allow ALL the options of "classic" modes, that is, either 1 or 2 players, custom AI level, custom board size and custom skins. Never get bored with Four in a Row again and have fun with friends with those challenging game variations.

As always, feedback is welcome, and ratings/comments in the Market highly appreciated.

Enjoy, and good luck solving the riddles! First one to solve them all please tell to design more

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
four in a row, game, honeycomb, tablets
Previous Thread Next Thread