| 2.1 build | Stock Hboot (No S-off required) | Stock-like | ext2/3/4 | Over the Air (OTA) updates | ROM Manager download |
Created due to popular demand; Presenting the Stablest Sense 2.1 experience on the Desire, with Unlimited memory provided by the best Data2SD script ever (ask the veterans at StarBurst/SuperNova sites who've used Sibere's Data2Sd) integrated in the Rom.
Droidzone - ROM Development
Sibere - Data2SD code
Many thanks also to o$$!ram for the source!
Partition Required: FAT32 followed by one ext2/ext3/ext4 partition (ext2/3 if present will be converted)
The main feature of this HTC Sense 2.1 Rom is the stable Data2SD that is built in
In case you didnt already know, the Desire's Internal memory is severely limited (A maximum of 147 MB. Within no time, you will be asked to remove your favoite apps to clear space. Earlier implementations like A2SD, App2SD+ are all imperfect, and everything will never be moved. Even MTD partitions are limited.
With Data2SD, you decide the amount of Internal memory you want!
As a side effect, you get faster I/O too, since Sd is faster than Nand. the real world performance depends on the Class of your card. The faster the better!
This rom is based on Sibere’s Data2sd scripts, which with the latest ext4 based script, is arguably one of the best of the lot. Other than this, the Rom has been kept stock-like. It is for those who want the HTC Sense Rom, but are tired of the low disk space warnings thrown at them!
Contrary to prior Data2SD scripts which were infamous for their boot loops and force closes, this latest script has been rigorously tested and developed into a stable product by Sibere. To date, I havent had a single force close or boot loop yet on this Data2SD configuration
I know there are a lot of Stock rooted roms out there, but this one supports Data2Sd best, mostly because it’s been built for the sole purpose of giving a problem free Data2sd experience.
- HTC Sense Account, Weather Animation sounds and more
- Based on the o$$!ram's Build from Ports by Robocik|Neophytex360|Coolexe
- GingerBurst is fully compatible with the latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery (Edify)
- Init.d scripts supported
- AutoCleanup of System apks on Data2SD install-script added (DZ)
- Turned off HTC Crash report
- ROM Manager support
- Over the Air updates (OTA) via ROM Manager
- Kernel: snq- Patched GingerBread Kernel v05 snq mod of 126.96.36.199-g308ba26
- CPUFREQ: POWERSAVE, INTERACTIVE, SMARTASS, ON DEMAND, PERFORMANCE (snq) (Optional. Can activate by script)
- PERFLOCK DISABLED KERNEL (snq)
- BTRFS Support (snq)
- Increased read ahead buffer size to improve SD R/W performance("sdfix")-128kb
- /data/app/ support
- EXT 4 for Data2SD (snq)
- CRT TV-Off Animation! (Robocik)
- Trackpad Awake (snq)
- Data2SD using the extremely stable latest Sibere Data2sd scripts (From personal experience, this appears to be the stablest Data2sd experience for Desire. The emphasis is on Stability and storage, rather than Quadrant scores.
- Cool Blue LED Indicator for Data2SD startup! NEW!
- Fully De-odexed (For best modding experience)
- Zipaligned to improve RAM performance
- Nano command-line text editor support
- Bash command shell support
- Camera works at 720p
- New superuser permissions 2.3.5 @ChainsDD
- Removed the annoying HTC Boot sound
- Helicopter view Homescreen Rearrange option
- Extensive Access point lists (APNs)
- CIFS (Optional. Can activate by script)
- VPN Support (tun.ko) (Optional. Can activate by script)
- Additional Keyboards-idrops and Android keyboard
- Android Market Update 2.3.6
- Adfree added, fixed and updated 0.6.4 ** update **
- Latest Adfree hosts added ****
- Gmail 188.8.131.52 ** update **
- Google Maps 5.6.0 ** update **
- Facebook for Android 1.5.3 ** update **
- File Expert File Explorer with Root Features 3.1.2
- ES File Explorer - NEW Edition with Root features as Beta HERE
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.24 ** update **
- Massive APN List
- Massive Locale list
- Google Mail changed to Gmail
- My Backup Root 2.7.3**** App Updated ****
- Titanium Backup 3.8.7 **** App Updated ****
- Quick App Remover
- XDA Forum App
- Locale support includes:
- English (US, UK, India, Australia, China, Denmark, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Norway, Finland, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, South Africa, Israel, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Ukraine)
- French (France, Germany, Austria, Chile, Spain, Britain, Netherlands, South Africa, Italy, Israel)
- Norwegian Bokmål
- Chinese (China, HongKong, Taiwan)
- Sibere for the Data2SD development
- o$$!ram for the source build
- Robocik, Neophytex360, Baadnwz, Coolexe for doing pioneer porting work.
- snq- for the kernel and Kernel mods, ext4 support, Wake-on-trackpad etc!
- dsixda for the Android Kitchen
- C0urier for hosting my site and Daniel for mirrors (Thanks a lot!)
- deXter (and AdamG & _thalamus), Roach2010 for suggestions to improve the Data2SD code
A big thanks to the following people for the generous Donations received:
Donation List last updated on 28/06/2011
If you're an XDA user and do donate, kindly include your XDA userid and email id (if different from your emailid registered at Paypal), in a mail/PM so that I can update this list with your userid.
Note: Donors will have access to direct download links to the ROM from my site, as a small token of appreciation. If you havent received the password to the Donor links page, kindly mail me, with the Paypal registered email id included.
Please bear with me if I've left out the names of any recent donors. This is because I'm away from the PC and can update webpages only when I'm back.