Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 49,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(How T0) Animated Pull Down Menu

Tip us?

explodingboy70
Old
(Last edited by explodingboy70; 27th June 2011 at 04:37 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1570

DONATE TO ME
Default (How T0) Animated Pull Down Menu

THIS IS FOR MODDERS AND THEMERS. The SystemUI.apk found here are for Simply Honey 3.8 while they will work on other JVP builds they will change your theme.

Found a thread on the Fascinate forums that pointed me to a thread on DroidForums that had step by step instructions. I've modified those instructions slightly. I have only tested this on GB, looks great, but Froyo instructions shouldn't cause any problems.

FOR GINGERBREAD:

1. Take your systemui.apk and decompile it

2. Navigate to layout folder

3. Grab "status_bar_tracking.xml" and open it up in your editor
(now for the fun).

4. Add to the first line - "com.android.systemui.statusbar.TrackingView" add this ""android:background="@drawable/...anim.xml""

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.TrackingView androidrientation="vertical" android:background="@drawable/pulldown"...>

5. After saving that, navigate back into the drawable folder and add your animation.xml file there. (You may use the one here as a starting point, just modify for your needs. (Honeycomb goes 1 to 39 and starts over, Android goes 1 to 30 and back down again then starts over again.))

5a. Next navigate into the drawable/hdpi folder and add your animated images .

6. Also in the drawable/hdpi folder find and open up the shade_bg.png and status_bar_background.png with your editor and make it 100% transparent.

7. In values folder modify public.xml to account for all the new images. (See birgertime's thread for Public XML Helper tool, while the tool didn't give me a perfect public.xml it did give me a a basis to begin with and I only needed to change a couple of lines.)

8. Now it's time to recompile your apk , following all the usual directions with that.

9. Enjoy your newly created systemui.apk with a pretty cool animated background. new and fresh and unlike anything before. Now run on out and show it off to all your friends who own an iPhone.

FOR FROYO: Instructions are pulled word for word and I have not tested or tried. I'm assuming the steps are the same as above except using framework-res.apk instead of systemUI.apk

You need transparency hack enabled
Decompile framework-res.apk
Go to drawable-hdpi and make status_bar_background.png fully transparent with PS or GIMP
GO to layout and edit the 2nd line of status_bar_tracking.xml like this
<com.android.server.status.TrackingView android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background_animation" android rientation="vertical" android addingLeft="0.0px" android addingRight="0.0px" android addingBottom="0.0px" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"

where status_bar_background_animation links to status_bar_background_animation.xml in drawable folder, there you set the images and durations.

Recompile, and that's it. Enjoy

- Honeycomb Animation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvgoR...er_profilepage
-Download - http://www.multiupload.com/JD5X8DGJ6O

Android Eye Animation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jSsf...er_profilepage
- Download - http://www.multiupload.com/FSH640E8ZO

Credits go to Alastrionia from droid forums for the step by steps and the Android animation. XDA member Calebv2 from the Fascinate forums for pointing me to the process to implement this. XDA member GrainOsand for the themed honeycomb animation.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to explodingboy70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

explodingboy70
Old
Thanks Meter 1570

DONATE TO ME
Reserved for later.....

RobZarzecki
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Thanks, great walk through.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

dillym34
Old
Thanks Meter 820

DONATE TO ME
This looks awsome, would love to put this on a 2.2.1 rom, however the dropdown background is found in twframework.Res. does the status bar tracking.XML in that folder need to be modified instead or also. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

Hit the thanks button if you like my work, Donations are always appreciated.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

explodingboy70
Old
Thanks Meter 1570

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillym34 View Post
This looks awsome, would love to put this on a 2.2.1 rom, however the dropdown background is found in twframework.Res. does the status bar tracking.XML in that folder need to be modified instead or also. Thanks

There are seperate instructions for GB and froyo. Modify systemui.apk on GB and framework-res.apk on froyo. Its all in the op.

GrainOsand
Old
Thanks Meter 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillym34 View Post

XDA member Funkbot has a step by step instructions on how to make it work on froyo based TW roms.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

explodingboy70
Old
Thanks Meter 1570

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOsand View Post
XDA member Funkbot has a step by step instructions on how to make it work on froyo based TW roms.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
Thanks. I'll post better step by step instructions for froyo later but basically it requires twframework and framework-res for our phones.

siebitup
Old
(Last edited by siebitup; 2nd August 2011 at 06:39 PM.) Reason: GOT IT
Thanks Meter 0
explodingboy70

By any chance is there a way to get a .zip of the images of the honeycomb dropdown? I'm having a terrible time decompiling the systemUI.apk, for some reason it fails each time in APKManager... thanks in advance

NM I got em, now it's trying to learn how to do the whole process...

ashies7
Old
(Last edited by ashies7; 2nd November 2011 at 09:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1279
Quote:
Originally Posted by explodingboy70 View Post
THIS IS FOR MODDERS AND THEMERS.
Do you know if this works for other phones? Like the HTC inspire??

EDIT ::THIS DOES WORK ON INSPIRE!

serendipityguy
Old
Thanks Meter 463
Thumbs up This is just great material, perhaps they can make this a sticky?

This is just great material, perhaps they can make this a sticky?
Love these types of post. Thank you very much!