Found a thread on the Fascinate forums that pointed me to a thread on DroidForums that had step by step instructions. I've modified those instructions slightly. I have only tested this on GB, looks great, but Froyo instructions shouldn't cause any problems.
1. Take your systemui.apk and decompile it
2. Navigate to layout folder
3. Grab "status_bar_tracking.xml" and open it up in your editor
(now for the fun).
4. Add to the first line - "com.android.systemui.statusbar.TrackingView" add this ""android:background="@drawable/...anim.xml""
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.TrackingView androidrientation="vertical" android:background="@drawable/pulldown"...>
5. After saving that, navigate back into the drawable folder and add your animation.xml file there. (You may use the one here as a starting point, just modify for your needs. (Honeycomb goes 1 to 39 and starts over, Android goes 1 to 30 and back down again then starts over again.))
5a. Next navigate into the drawable/hdpi folder and add your animated images .
6. Also in the drawable/hdpi folder find and open up the shade_bg.png and status_bar_background.png with your editor and make it 100% transparent.
7. In values folder modify public.xml to account for all the new images. (See birgertime's thread for Public XML Helper tool, while the tool didn't give me a perfect public.xml it did give me a a basis to begin with and I only needed to change a couple of lines.)
8. Now it's time to recompile your apk , following all the usual directions with that.
9. Enjoy your newly created systemui.apk with a pretty cool animated background. new and fresh and unlike anything before. Now run on out and show it off to all your friends who own an iPhone.
FOR FROYO: Instructions are pulled word for word and I have not tested or tried. I'm assuming the steps are the same as above except using framework-res.apk instead of systemUI.apk
You need transparency hack enabled
Go to drawable-hdpi and make status_bar_background.png fully transparent with PS or GIMP
GO to layout and edit the 2nd line of status_bar_tracking.xml like this
<com.android.server.status.TrackingView android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background_animation" android rientation="vertical" android addingLeft="0.0px" android addingRight="0.0px" android addingBottom="0.0px" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
where status_bar_background_animation links to status_bar_background_animation.xml in drawable folder, there you set the images and durations.
Recompile, and that's it. Enjoy
- Honeycomb Animation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvgoR...er_profilepage
-Download - http://www.multiupload.com/JD5X8DGJ6O
Android Eye Animation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jSsf...er_profilepage
- Download - http://www.multiupload.com/FSH640E8ZO
Credits go to Alastrionia from droid forums for the step by steps and the Android animation. XDA member Calebv2 from the Fascinate forums for pointing me to the process to implement this. XDA member GrainOsand for the themed honeycomb animation.