Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 41,004 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kies air or similar?

Tip us?

Scared27
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Kies air or similar?

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a Kies Air or similar application for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 so I can tranfer files without needing to plug in the tablet? I couldn't see Kies Air in Samsung apps.

vansmack
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared27 View Post
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a Kies Air or similar application for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 so I can tranfer files without needing to plug in the tablet? I couldn't see Kies Air in Samsung apps.
What are you trying to transfer?

I've been using SugarSync to move files around without connecting...

Some folks have also had success with Dropbox.

ageesm
Old
(Last edited by ageesm; 28th June 2011 at 03:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 454
Quote:
Hi all,

I don't know what OS you are using, but if you have a Windows network setup, find a file manager for android that supports SMB. ES file manager works, I think Astro has an add-on, but the best that I've found is File Manager HD, it is built for tablets. I can connect to any shared folder on my network and browse/transfer away .

LordLugard
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Hi all,

Look for "WebSharing" in the market.

hoodoomagic
Old
Thanks Meter 32
If you rooted your tab, Samba Filesharing works great. It's free from the market: https://market.android.com/details?i...nkyfresh.samba
The Following User Says Thank You to hoodoomagic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]