23 June B137 r3: FLB Custom ROM for the Huawei U8800 with Online Kitchen
THIS IS JUST A REPOST OF AN OFFICIAL POST ON MODACO. I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANYTHING ON THIS ROM. ALL THE CREDIT GOES TO FLIBBLESAN. IF THIS POST IS A PROBLEM, PLEASE DELETE IT.
About this rom
Presenting flibblesan's first custom rom for the Huawei U8800. Built upon B137 it has been modified to improve performance where possible.
- Built upon Android 2.2.2
- Fully rebuilt, zip-aligned and optimised using skillz
- Custom FLB kernel with EXT4, BFQ, Smartass, CIFS, TUN, SWAP and overclocking for those that like to live dangerously
- All pre-installed applications updated where possible
- The stock Android experience. No silly themes here
- Swype and Huawei keyboards as optional extras
- Adobe Flash updated to 10.3 and fully working
- Full stagefright enabled for awesome media playback
- Pre-rooted for convenience
- Includes Superuser by ChainsDD
- For overclocking you'll need an app like SetCPU
To install this ROM:
You will need to install recovery version 126.96.36.199
or higher to your device. Follow the Ultimate Guide for details on how to do this
Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
Restart your device in recovery mode holding the volume up and power buttons
PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.
(default kitchen options) - DOWNLOAD (multiupload)
- MD5: A3809F673D6A27E9CDF256AEF44919D0
There is a bug affecting headphone detection. Ringtones and notifications are played through the phone speaker and audio routing seems broken. I will try and find a fix but this could take some time.
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect. And huge thanks to Paul for providing kitchen access.