Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to download almanac, ephemeris, ionosphere, UTC and health page from a SUPL?

OP titan_tase

28th June 2011, 02:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Is anyone familiar with how I can download the AGPS data(almanac, ephemeris, ionospheric model, UTC and satellite health page) for a SUPL(Secure User Plane Location) server such a supl.google.com(port 7276) or supl.nokia.com (or any other mobile supl server) using a normal windows desktop?

I've read all the threads related to gps(ephemeris, almanac) from here but none helped me to find a way to get all the AGPS data(not only the almanac or ephemeris) in some file that I can open and read(decode) and use it to hot start another gps device.

I'm interested both in either a desktop windows method or a android method to get this data and save it in some file that i can then open in an editor. From the google android groups I could only find that HTC based devices contain such SUPL clients embedded in the radio firmware.

Thanks
26th July 2013, 09:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan_tase

Is anyone familiar with how I can download the AGPS data(almanac, ephemeris, ionospheric model, UTC and satellite health page) for a SUPL(Secure User Plane Location) server such a supl.google.com(port 7276) or supl.nokia.com (or any other mobile supl server) using a normal windows desktop?

I've read all the threads related to gps(ephemeris, almanac) from here but none helped me to find a way to get all the AGPS data(not only the almanac or ephemeris) in some file that I can open and read(decode) and use it to hot start another gps device.

I'm interested both in either a desktop windows method or a android method to get this data and save it in some file that i can then open in an editor. From the google android groups I could only find that HTC based devices contain such SUPL clients embedded in the radio firmware.

Thanks

Did you ever find an answer to this?
Last edited by rguinness; 26th July 2013 at 09:47 AM. Reason: grammar
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
almanac, ephemeris, gps, ionospheric, supl
Previous Thread Next Thread