5,603,981 Members 44,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to download almanac, ephemeris, ionosphere, UTC and health page from a SUPL?

Tip us?

titan_tase
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] How to download almanac, ephemeris, ionosphere, UTC and health page from a SUPL?

Is anyone familiar with how I can download the AGPS data(almanac, ephemeris, ionospheric model, UTC and satellite health page) for a SUPL(Secure User Plane Location) server such a supl.google.com(port 7276) or supl.nokia.com (or any other mobile supl server) using a normal windows desktop?

I've read all the threads related to gps(ephemeris, almanac) from here but none helped me to find a way to get all the AGPS data(not only the almanac or ephemeris) in some file that I can open and read(decode) and use it to hot start another gps device.

I'm interested both in either a desktop windows method or a android method to get this data and save it in some file that i can then open in an editor. From the google android groups I could only find that HTC based devices contain such SUPL clients embedded in the radio firmware.

Thanks

rguinness
Old
(Last edited by rguinness; 26th July 2013 at 08:47 AM.) Reason: grammar
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan_tase View Post
Is anyone familiar with how I can download the AGPS data(almanac, ephemeris, ionospheric model, UTC and satellite health page) for a SUPL(Secure User Plane Location) server such a supl.google.com(port 7276) or supl.nokia.com (or any other mobile supl server) using a normal windows desktop?

I've read all the threads related to gps(ephemeris, almanac) from here but none helped me to find a way to get all the AGPS data(not only the almanac or ephemeris) in some file that I can open and read(decode) and use it to hot start another gps device.

I'm interested both in either a desktop windows method or a android method to get this data and save it in some file that i can then open in an editor. From the google android groups I could only find that HTC based devices contain such SUPL clients embedded in the radio firmware.

Thanks
Did you ever find an answer to this?
Tags
almanac, ephemeris, gps, ionospheric, supl