Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Free pen with Best Buy's Reward Zone

Tip us?

trees812
Old
(Last edited by trees812; 28th June 2011 at 07:21 PM.) Reason: Added link for coupon
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up Free pen with Best Buy's Reward Zone

Just found that there is a coupon for a free Scribe pen with the HTC Flyer purchase at Best Buy. Log in to your Reward Zone home and the coupon is available for print on the front page. It ends July 2, so only couple more days. Says it only works in stores. Enjoy!

No log in is required to print:
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ear...00a76f800309de
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trees812 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kcchen
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Nice find. Wish they made this more widely known. Now to find my original receipt... Or maybe just cash in on a backup pen.

Gumby63
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2914

DONATE TO ME
Soooo if I took my receipt up there along with this coupon, could I get my money back but still keep the pen?

Blu3Fr0g
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Gumby, they should honor that considering Best Buy's Customer service policies and the rewards card is their card. I had to go round and round with Sprint and it was a nightmare to get my Flyer activated because I am on a grandfathered phone plan and while it shouldnt effect the upgrade it did. When all was said and done, as an existing Data Plan customer I was not elligible for a free pen, so the store manager said if I bought two accessories, the dock and the pen, he would discount them 25% and then credit me the remaining amount I paid for the pen.

trees812
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I think it's worth a try, although technically it says not valid for previous purchases on it. If it doesn't work, most stores should still allow you to use a coupon for a recent purchase with receipt. Just return the pen and re-purchase, since the pen should fall under the 30 day return policy.

I found this coupon RIGHT after I placed the order for the Flyer and the pen for a store pickup after work. Will have to go in and talk them into applying this coupon for me as well.

gotmilk702
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu3Fr0g View Post
Gumby, they should honor that considering Best Buy's Customer service policies and the rewards card is their card. I had to go round and round with Sprint and it was a nightmare to get my Flyer activated because I am on a grandfathered phone plan and while it shouldnt effect the upgrade it did. When all was said and done, as an existing Data Plan customer I was not elligible for a free pen, so the store manager said if I bought two accessories, the dock and the pen, he would discount them 25% and then credit me the remaining amount I paid for the pen.
Are you talking about the Flyer or View? Does the US version of the Flyer have the SIM card slot? If you activated it with GSM, what kind of subsidy are they offering? I just purchased the Evo View, but I'd consider the Flyer instead depending on the GSM subsidies, I just didn't really know that thing had a SIM card slot.

etsocal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Not for previous purchase.

Gumby63
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2914

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by etsocal View Post
Not for previous purchase.
Well it looks like I'm going to return my pen, then use the coupon for a new one. That's basically the same thing lol

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

dstrauss
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Best Buy is being horsey about this one. Not only did they point out the "Not valid on previous purchase." but when I pointed out I would just bring back my pen and rebuy, they nearly laughed as they pointed out the preceeding sentence: "Items must be purchased on the same receipt." So unless you could bring back both the Flyer and Scribe, you lose. Way to go Worst Buy...

gotmilk702
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trees812 View Post
Just found that there is a coupon for a free Scribe pen with the HTC Flyer purchase at Best Buy. Log in to your Reward Zone home and the coupon is available for print on the front page. It ends July 2, so only couple more days. Says it only works in stores. Enjoy!

No log in is required to print:
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ear...00a76f800309de
Hmmm this is good to know; one reason I went with Sprint and Evo View was for the free pen. Does this thing have a SIM card slot? Even though I have Sprint, I'd almost rather have the Flyer with a pay-as-you-go SIM card for emergencies than a service plan with Sprint.

Tags
best buy, free, pen, scribe