No registration required

[Q] connecting USB headphones to microUSB

OP Xxul

28th June 2011, 06:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82

498 posts
More
ok so if i would like to connect my USB headphones (logitech G35)
to ANY android device/tablet that has a microUSB port, how would i accomplish that? (if it is even possible..)

p.s or if not, can it be somehow connected to a 3.5mm jack in?

So, engineers, tell me if the above mentioned is possible.

Thanks!
28th June 2011, 06:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lodz, Poland
Thanks Meter: 94

802 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxul

ok so if i would like to connect my USB headphones (logitech G35)
to ANY android device/tablet that has a microUSB port, how would i accomplish that? (if it is even possible..)

p.s or if not, can it be somehow connected to a 3.5mm jack in?

So, engineers, tell me if the above mentioned is possible.

Thanks!

Not sure about the USB part, but how much experience do you have a soldering iron?
28th June 2011, 06:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 127

652 posts
More
AFAIK, this is not possible with the current Android Operating systems, however it might be possible with future platforms supporting the new Android Open Accessory support.

edit : As for connecting a standard 3.5mm jack, you should be able to do this if you bypass the USB sound card part and connect it directly to the wires coming out of the headphones. But depending on the headphones the USB soundcard circuitry (where the signal is converted from Digital to Analog) could be inside the headphones, somewhere in the middle of the cable or in the USB plug itself; you have to figure out where it is and attach the audio jack to the wires after the soundcard (where the signal is analog).
Last edited by PhoenixFx; 28th June 2011 at 07:07 PM.
28th June 2011, 09:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82

498 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parastie

Not sure about the USB part, but how much experience do you have a soldering iron?

HAHAHAHAH maaaaaaaaaann i haven't used those since childhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFx

AFAIK, this is not possible with the current Android Operating systems, however it might be possible with future platforms supporting the new Android Open Accessory support.

edit : As for connecting a standard 3.5mm jack, you should be able to do this if you bypass the USB sound card part and connect it directly to the wires coming out of the headphones. But depending on the headphones the USB soundcard circuitry (where the signal is converted from Digital to Analog) could be inside the headphones, somewhere in the middle of the cable or in the USB plug itself; you have to figure out where it is and attach the audio jack to the wires after the soundcard (where the signal is analog).

yeah, i think i know what i would need to do..
however since they costed a little fortune i won't try to experiment on em' in that matter
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread