Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 52,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] connecting USB headphones to microUSB

Tip us?
 
Xxul
Old
#1  
Xxul's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 482
Join Date: Jun 2011
Question [Q] connecting USB headphones to microUSB

ok so if i would like to connect my USB headphones (logitech G35)
to ANY android device/tablet that has a microUSB port, how would i accomplish that? (if it is even possible..)

p.s or if not, can it be somehow connected to a 3.5mm jack in?

So, engineers, tell me if the above mentioned is possible.

Thanks!
 
Parastie
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 94
Posts: 802
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lodz, Poland

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxul View Post
ok so if i would like to connect my USB headphones (logitech G35)
to ANY android device/tablet that has a microUSB port, how would i accomplish that? (if it is even possible..)

p.s or if not, can it be somehow connected to a 3.5mm jack in?

So, engineers, tell me if the above mentioned is possible.

Thanks!
Not sure about the USB part, but how much experience do you have a soldering iron?
 
PhoenixFx
Old
(Last edited by PhoenixFx; 28th June 2011 at 06:07 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 650
Join Date: Dec 2006
AFAIK, this is not possible with the current Android Operating systems, however it might be possible with future platforms supporting the new Android Open Accessory support.

edit : As for connecting a standard 3.5mm jack, you should be able to do this if you bypass the USB sound card part and connect it directly to the wires coming out of the headphones. But depending on the headphones the USB soundcard circuitry (where the signal is converted from Digital to Analog) could be inside the headphones, somewhere in the middle of the cable or in the USB plug itself; you have to figure out where it is and attach the audio jack to the wires after the soundcard (where the signal is analog).
 
Xxul
Old
#4  
Xxul's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 482
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parastie View Post
Not sure about the USB part, but how much experience do you have a soldering iron?
HAHAHAHAH maaaaaaaaaann i haven't used those since childhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFx View Post
AFAIK, this is not possible with the current Android Operating systems, however it might be possible with future platforms supporting the new Android Open Accessory support.

edit : As for connecting a standard 3.5mm jack, you should be able to do this if you bypass the USB sound card part and connect it directly to the wires coming out of the headphones. But depending on the headphones the USB soundcard circuitry (where the signal is converted from Digital to Analog) could be inside the headphones, somewhere in the middle of the cable or in the USB plug itself; you have to figure out where it is and attach the audio jack to the wires after the soundcard (where the signal is analog).
yeah, i think i know what i would need to do..
however since they costed a little fortune i won't try to experiment on em' in that matter
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes