[UTIL][12/JUL/12] Samsung Galaxy S Chlorine (or cwm update bloat remover generator)
and Updated 12/Jul/12
With so many GB roms coming out lately I often can't wait for xxx custom rom developer to update to xxx rom. For the last month or so I've basically been using customised stock roms. (My own AOSP theme, choose a kernel, change a few apks).
One of the first things I do after flashing a new rom + kernel is cut down on some of the bloat in /system/. I more or less remove everything that can be downloaded (for free) from the market. When they're downloaded from the market they often go into /data/, leaving more breathing room in /system/.
As always, backup and be confident with restoring your phone via download mode or CWM.
SGS Chlorine (mobile)
SGS2 Chlorine (mobile)
SGS3 Chlorine (mobile)
What this does:
This is a little bit of PHP that will generate a customised CWM update.zip which will remove specific apks (and associated .odexes).
* Choose which APKs you want the update.zip to remove and hit the Generate button.
- You can also select a preset to save some clicking.
* Copy the generated .zip file to your phone.
* Apply it with CWM.
The list of APKs was grabbed from the public google docs spreadsheet.
The SGS2 APK list was grabbed from this public google docs spreadsheet
The SGS3 APK list was grabbed from this public google docs spreadsheet
. XDA thread
* The APK list shouldn't let you remove anything 'vital' to booting the phone.
* I've tested it myself pretty extensively and used it for the last couple of stock roms released. However, there may be bugs. Let me know and I'll attempt to get them fixed!
* If you have any particular ideas for good presets, also let me know and I'll see to adding them.
* You can
remove TouchWiz (TouchWiz30Launcher.apk) with this. However, if you do that without having another home 'app' installed, bad things may (will) happen.