Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 44,068 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Force USB Debugging

Tip us?

triran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Force USB Debugging

Hello all,

First of all I appreciate there are loads of threads of possible not genuine reasons i.e. stolen phones and so forth. However I do have a good reason and would be happy to discuss the reasons via PM only.

I need to bypass a "pattern too many times" issue - I was looking to talk to the handset via ADB but USB Debugging is not active. Can this be forced?

I am yet to try the bug with "username email" with password "null".

triran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Equally if you know the answer but want to keep it off the boards - again PM me.

solar666
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by triran View Post
Hello all,

First of all I appreciate there are loads of threads of possible not genuine reasons i.e. stolen phones and so forth. However I do have a good reason and would be happy to discuss the reasons via PM only.

I need to bypass a "pattern too many times" issue - I was looking to talk to the handset via ADB but USB Debugging is not active. Can this be forced?

I am yet to try the bug with "username email" with password "null".
I do not fully understand your explanation, anyhow what I get is that you want to have USB Debugging enabled by default after a reboot.

If my assumption is correct, you just need to edit your build.prop in the /system directory by changing the the specific parameter "persist.service.usb.setting=1" instead of "0".

Anyhow such thing need to be rather posted into the Questions and answer part of the forum.

triran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The handset is locked out due to a pattern being used too many times incorrectly.

I need to remove the pattern and google access without losing data. I understand the best way is to talk to the handset over ADB but USB Debugging is not active so I wanted to know if there was a way of forcing the handset.

The reason I said to PM is that I know some people wont help as they thing that the poster does not have the correct intensions. I however have.

triran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Re-reading your post - to edit the build.prop I assume can only be done if the handset is rooted?

solar666
Old
(Last edited by solar666; 30th June 2011 at 05:10 PM.) Reason: .
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by triran View Post
Re-reading your post - to edit the build.prop I assume can only be done if the handset is rooted?
yes, you're right. This only possible at rooted devices since the /system is r/o by default and it needs to be mount r/w for this change. Anyhow you need the access to /system either by terminal or by root explorer.

Ibanez33
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by solar666 View Post
yes, you're right. This only possible at rooted devices since the /system is r/o by default and it needs to be mount r/w for this change. Anyhow you need the access to /system either by terminal or by root explorer.
Wouldn't flashing a custom kernel in odin get round that?

mauro235
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez33 View Post
With a custom Kernel you can enter in CWM (clockwork mod). CWM has ADB access. Simple.

solar666
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez33 View Post
As I said, I have not catched completely the aim of his question.
Anyhow, there is no more feedback and either it is enough or otherwise will start again questioning ...

triran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have a SGS which has been blocked with "Pattern been entered too many times" and therefore its asking for GMail details which are not known. So I was going down the route of trying to activate ADB so I can extract the data stored on the device first - I can not wipe the user data. I am trying to do this in a forensic manner guys. Sorry I kept that detail to myself - I must stress this phone is not stolen.

I am a forensic analyst and this is a wee bit beyond our usual remit.

Tags
usb debugging