Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Force USB Debugging

OP triran

29th June 2011, 08:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hello all,

First of all I appreciate there are loads of threads of possible not genuine reasons i.e. stolen phones and so forth. However I do have a good reason and would be happy to discuss the reasons via PM only.

I need to bypass a "pattern too many times" issue - I was looking to talk to the handset via ADB but USB Debugging is not active. Can this be forced?

I am yet to try the bug with "username email" with password "null".
29th June 2011, 09:15 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Equally if you know the answer but want to keep it off the boards - again PM me.
29th June 2011, 11:09 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 164

427 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by triran

Hello all,

First of all I appreciate there are loads of threads of possible not genuine reasons i.e. stolen phones and so forth. However I do have a good reason and would be happy to discuss the reasons via PM only.

I need to bypass a "pattern too many times" issue - I was looking to talk to the handset via ADB but USB Debugging is not active. Can this be forced?

I am yet to try the bug with "username email" with password "null".

I do not fully understand your explanation, anyhow what I get is that you want to have USB Debugging enabled by default after a reboot.

If my assumption is correct, you just need to edit your build.prop in the /system directory by changing the the specific parameter "persist.service.usb.setting=1" instead of "0".

Anyhow such thing need to be rather posted into the Questions and answer part of the forum.
29th June 2011, 11:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
The handset is locked out due to a pattern being used too many times incorrectly.

I need to remove the pattern and google access without losing data. I understand the best way is to talk to the handset over ADB but USB Debugging is not active so I wanted to know if there was a way of forcing the handset.

The reason I said to PM is that I know some people wont help as they thing that the poster does not have the correct intensions. I however have.
29th June 2011, 11:34 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Re-reading your post - to edit the build.prop I assume can only be done if the handset is rooted?
30th June 2011, 06:10 PM   |  #6  

427 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by triran

Re-reading your post - to edit the build.prop I assume can only be done if the handset is rooted?

yes, you're right. This only possible at rooted devices since the /system is r/o by default and it needs to be mount r/w for this change. Anyhow you need the access to /system either by terminal or by root explorer.
Last edited by solar666; 30th June 2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: .
30th June 2011, 06:32 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 36

351 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solar666

yes, you're right. This only possible at rooted devices since the /system is r/o by default and it needs to be mount r/w for this change. Anyhow you need the access to /system either by terminal or by root explorer.

Wouldn't flashing a custom kernel in odin get round that?
30th June 2011, 06:47 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 15

28 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez33

With a custom Kernel you can enter in CWM (clockwork mod). CWM has ADB access. Simple.
30th June 2011, 08:42 PM   |  #9  

427 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez33

As I said, I have not catched completely the aim of his question.
Anyhow, there is no more feedback and either it is enough or otherwise will start again questioning ...
4th July 2011, 03:27 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
I have a SGS which has been blocked with "Pattern been entered too many times" and therefore its asking for GMail details which are not known. So I was going down the route of trying to activate ADB so I can extract the data stored on the device first - I can not wipe the user data. I am trying to do this in a forensic manner guys. Sorry I kept that detail to myself - I must stress this phone is not stolen.

I am a forensic analyst and this is a wee bit beyond our usual remit.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
usb debugging
Previous Thread Next Thread