FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Force USB Debugging

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By triran, Junior Member on 29th June 2011, 07:48 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello all,

First of all I appreciate there are loads of threads of possible not genuine reasons i.e. stolen phones and so forth. However I do have a good reason and would be happy to discuss the reasons via PM only.

I need to bypass a "pattern too many times" issue - I was looking to talk to the handset via ADB but USB Debugging is not active. Can this be forced?

I am yet to try the bug with "username email" with password "null".
 
 
29th June 2011, 08:15 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Equally if you know the answer but want to keep it off the boards - again PM me.
29th June 2011, 10:09 AM |#3  
solar666's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 235
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by triran

Hello all,

First of all I appreciate there are loads of threads of possible not genuine reasons i.e. stolen phones and so forth. However I do have a good reason and would be happy to discuss the reasons via PM only.

I need to bypass a "pattern too many times" issue - I was looking to talk to the handset via ADB but USB Debugging is not active. Can this be forced?

I am yet to try the bug with "username email" with password "null".

I do not fully understand your explanation, anyhow what I get is that you want to have USB Debugging enabled by default after a reboot.

If my assumption is correct, you just need to edit your build.prop in the /system directory by changing the the specific parameter "persist.service.usb.setting=1" instead of "0".

Anyhow such thing need to be rather posted into the Questions and answer part of the forum.
29th June 2011, 10:25 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The handset is locked out due to a pattern being used too many times incorrectly.

I need to remove the pattern and google access without losing data. I understand the best way is to talk to the handset over ADB but USB Debugging is not active so I wanted to know if there was a way of forcing the handset.

The reason I said to PM is that I know some people wont help as they thing that the poster does not have the correct intensions. I however have.
29th June 2011, 10:34 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Re-reading your post - to edit the build.prop I assume can only be done if the handset is rooted?
30th June 2011, 05:10 PM |#6  
solar666's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 235
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by triran

Re-reading your post - to edit the build.prop I assume can only be done if the handset is rooted?

yes, you're right. This only possible at rooted devices since the /system is r/o by default and it needs to be mount r/w for this change. Anyhow you need the access to /system either by terminal or by root explorer.
Last edited by solar666; 30th June 2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: .
30th June 2011, 05:32 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solar666

yes, you're right. This only possible at rooted devices since the /system is r/o by default and it needs to be mount r/w for this change. Anyhow you need the access to /system either by terminal or by root explorer.

Wouldn't flashing a custom kernel in odin get round that?
30th June 2011, 05:47 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez33

Wouldn't flashing a custom kernel in odin get round that?

With a custom Kernel you can enter in CWM (clockwork mod). CWM has ADB access. Simple.
30th June 2011, 07:42 PM |#9  
solar666's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 235
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez33

Wouldn't flashing a custom kernel in odin get round that?

As I said, I have not catched completely the aim of his question.
Anyhow, there is no more feedback and either it is enough or otherwise will start again questioning ...
4th July 2011, 02:27 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have a SGS which has been blocked with "Pattern been entered too many times" and therefore its asking for GMail details which are not known. So I was going down the route of trying to activate ADB so I can extract the data stored on the device first - I can not wipe the user data. I am trying to do this in a forensic manner guys. Sorry I kept that detail to myself - I must stress this phone is not stolen.

I am a forensic analyst and this is a wee bit beyond our usual remit.
4th July 2011, 02:37 PM |#11  
Vorbeth's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,959
 
Donate to Me
More
If you are what you claim to be then, what you seek to do should be child's play to you, you should also have a high enough IQ to realise this sort of thing goes in Q&A not Dev.

The needed solution has already been given to you.
To be quite honest anyone can claim its for legit reasons, dont mean a thing really does it.

If it is for legit reasons then get hold of the OWNER and get them to unlock it!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
usb debugging
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes