Thread Closed

[ROM][EC05] RandomROM PHOENIX II FINAL [AIO][6-LOCK][NoCIQ] | 11/29

OP RandomKing

11th November 2011, 03:51 PM   |  #551  
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomKing

ThunderHawk 3.0 with EI22 is already under construction, with the Volume hack and Hotspot hack updated and built in.

I tried EI22 but had to go back to EC05 bc this Phoenix rom is so nice. Can't wait for the update.

[Edit: Waiting for your EI22 version, that is.]

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
Last edited by myaepic1; 11th November 2011 at 09:38 PM.
11th November 2011, 03:52 PM   |  #552  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Random Land
Thanks Meter: 1,466

1,484 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myaepic1

I tried EI22 but had to go back to EC05 bc this Phoenix rom is so nice. Can't wait for the update.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Uploading right now. Beta version.
11th November 2011, 05:35 PM   |  #553  
Flag Random Land

1,484 posts
Donate to Me
More
RandomROM Phoenix Final
The end of EC05 is here. With EI22 comes the uphill climb of Epic development once again. This means that the journey of RandomROM Phoenix ends here. I will be uploading one final version with some minor tweaks, updater-script, build.prop, and archive updates. Mostly it will just be some perfectionist adjustments before I declare it finished. From this point on, I will be focusing my attention on Gingerbread roms for the Epic 4G. As many of you know, EI22 may still not be the final official Gingerbread (recall DK28, EB13, EC05?). As such, it is just too much effort to focus on so many versions of Gingerbread while dragging Froyo along with it.

For those of you still hesitant towards climbing out of your comfy, cozy Froyo cave, let me assure you that Gingerbread is greatly improved over EC05. It comes with battery improvements, interface enhancements, smoother performance, and just some great changes overall. The only drawbacks up until this point have been random reboots and Google Framework FCs which thus far seem to be solved with our new source-code. With that, it can only improve from here, leaving Froyo to go the way of Eclair.

It's a little bit sad, as RandomROM started on Froyo with the original RandomROM, then Final, then Plus, then Phoenix, and then Phoenix 2 and the original AIO mod. But this time, Final is Final.

If EI22 proves to be as stable as we all hope it to be, then ThunderHawk 3 will be the foreseeable future of RandomROM on the Epic 4G, leaving behind EG22 and EH17 versions. Pushing 8 rom .zips for one phone to the internet was a huge undertaking on my part to provide all current possibilities, and it was fun, but it's time to refocus.

As far as Serenicity, the EC05 version of that will likely also be discontinued as a Gingerbread version is solely pursued in its stead.

I will continue to support my Froyo creations as best I can for dedicated downloaders.

Thank you for your patronage and please enjoy ThunderHawk.

Happy Veteran's Day!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RandomKing For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2011, 03:32 PM   |  #554  
Flag Random Land

1,484 posts
Donate to Me
More
One more time!

It turns out I couldn't help myself. As Gingerbread grows in support on our phone (officially and unofficially), Froyo becomes the distant past much like Eclair did. However, many users seemingly still hold on to the old ways, and with good reason. Functionality wise, there is little available on Gingerbread that is not also available on Froyo.

As such, my wife and mother-in-law are distrustful of the new system. I also admit that on occasion I as well revert to Froyo out of stability. So it is for these reasons, that I will shortly present Phoenix II. If you're wondering "Why the roman numeral?", it's because there will be no more revisions. That's it. It's done.

So what am I giving you? I'll be honest, not a heck of a lot . A revamped installer script. Several app updates. I've finally tweaked the phone app so that the contacts button isn't obnoxiously different, although it's not perfect, but I'm not a full-time themer. I've brought the pull-down menu of ThunderHawk to Phoenix to make the experiences feel truly similar, as well as a new custom hotspot icon and adjustments to the Settings app. I also present a Sprint Carrier patch for those of you that need it for Sprint NFL or whatever.

That's mainly it, the main goal of this was to bring Phoenix more in line with ThunderHawk and polish it one last time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the latest and greatest Swype!
Last edited by RandomKing; 29th November 2011 at 04:50 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RandomKing For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2011, 06:36 PM   |  #555  
Thanks Meter: 15

94 posts
Came back to Phoenix after a week with Thunderhawk. Random reboots and phone freeze started to get annoying. I know those issues are common in all gingerbread roms.

Updated to Phoenix II. Its working flawless. Great job once again.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
Last edited by nole4ever; 30th November 2011 at 06:39 PM.
1st December 2011, 02:32 AM   |  #556  
Flag Random Land

1,484 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nole4ever

Came back to Phoenix after a week with Thunderhawk. Random reboots and phone freeze started to get annoying. I know those issues are common in all gingerbread roms.

Updated to Phoenix II. Its working flawless. Great job once again.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

There's not much more I know to do for Froyo, but I figured i'd give Phoenix one final polishing.... ;).

-Sent from my Random Epic.
The Following User Says Thank You to RandomKing For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2011, 01:42 PM   |  #557  
Thanks Meter: 91

368 posts
The color combination of the way this rom is themed is probably one of the best I've seen. With all the problems gingerbread is having ill probably go back to this. Thanks for updating randomking.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
7th March 2012, 01:01 PM   |  #558  
Thanks Meter: 11

239 posts
Is it at all possible to install this or any EC05 rom onto an MTD system without ODIN?
7th March 2012, 01:54 PM   |  #559  
Buford, GA
Thanks Meter: 764

2,127 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyf

Is it at all possible to install this or any EC05 rom onto an MTD system without ODIN?

No, there isn't an EC05 kernel that supports MTD.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.2.1, froyo, randomking, randomrom
Previous Thread Next Thread