useless; ineffectual; vain.
Presenting you my first ROM for Huawei X5 u8800.
Following the same line of thought and philosophy as void. and devoid. for LG P500, this ROM is focused on performance and minimalism. I hate ROMs out there which impose you their applications, keyboard, launchers and any other trash. No, it's my belief we have market for some reason, so use it.
Version syntax: #galaxy-name-from-a-to-z
* 137 base - 2.2.2
* build.prop tweaks
* gps tweaks
* browsing tweaks
* ramdisk tweaks
* patched hosts
* strict minfree handler tweak
* more ram and misc tweaks
* auto-zipalign tweak
* ext4 i/o speed tweak
* sdcard write speed tweak
* smoothass default governor
* auto-oc to 1000 Mhz
* camera click sound removed
* camera libs from 160 (credits)
* ringtones, notifications, alarm sounds from CM
* stock launcher / gingerbread keyboard (w\ dict)
* gingerbread theme from TheManicGibbon (credits)
* honeycomb bootanimation
* my own custom kernel (first and only release probably) @ #andromeda-cygnus
* francoKernel @ #draco onwards.
void. kernel features: -discontinued-
(built from flibblesan sources)
* ext4, oc up to 1.5 ghz, cifs, tun, swap, bfqio and smartass governor (credits to him and genokolar) > #andromeda
* rewritten touchscreen driver and led driver (credits to dzo) > #andromeda
* smoothass governor (improved smartass) > #andromeda
* v(r) scheduler instead of bfqio (much better) > #cygnus
* kgsl tweaks (should help with graphics) > #cygnus
* vsync turned off (credits to altwho) > #cygnus
(built from void sources)
* TinyRCU > v1
* A lot of tweaks for the KGSL drivers > v1
* 4 new governors with values specifically tweaked for this phone: SavagedZen, InteractiveX, Minmax and Scary > v1
* Smoothass slightly updated and Interactive major rewrite > v1
* Some battery improvement code > v1
* CFS tweaks > v1
* I/O improvements > v1
* CPU unaligned access for extra performance > v1
* Kernel compiled with flags specific for this CPU to get the most out of it > v1
* Readahead values increased to 4096 max 32 min > v1
* Ashmem, Shmem, lowmemorykiller, binder.c, pmem.c and timed_gpio.c backported from the .35 kernel > v1
* Framebuffer memory file largely updated from .39 kernel > v1
* Cleancache added and enabled > v1
* Optimized RWSEM algorithm > v1
* Probably more things that I'm still working on > v1
Follow now the changes on FrancoKernel own thread.
Download current version::
* void. #eridanus
(it will format data and system; changelog below)
* void. #draco
* void. #andromeda
* void. #bootes
* void. #cygnus
- first release
- full ext4 (system and data)
- removed, changed and added some tweaks
- theme fixed and extended + % battery
- basic apps (browser,calculator,calendar,market) included
- added music.apk
- kernel updated, check features above
- switched kernel to francoKernel v1 (features above)
- raised ro.config.PicMaxSize to 5mpx (weird innit?)
- replaced libsqlite.so for a patched one (credits to flibblesan or whoever compiled it) > will boost i/o quadrant score
- updated francoKernel to its latest version
1. Download the needed or wanted files and copy them to your internal/external sdcard
2. Reboot to recovery (link) via adb, terminal, key-combo or application like AnReboot.
3. Wipe (full data, cache, dalvik-cache @advanced).
4. Choose "install zip from sdcard" and pick void main package, confirm, wait.
5. Reboot or flash -apps/-etc (I recommend a reboot between each flashing).
* So far nothing, I'm waiting for reports. There'll be for sure.
I hope you enjoy it.
As soon as CM7 is up and running bugfree or close to it, development for void. will be put on halt.
Perhaps I'll make a CM7-based ROM with my own tweaks by then.
Anything else, tweet me.