Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,966 Members 50,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Not Charging?

Tip us?

knipp21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 578
Default Not Charging?

Ok so not sure what to do, mostly due to lack of time and patience..

I let my phone die today and when i plugged it in it had the orange led..i let it sit and it changed to an orange and green flash in the led..

i turned it on and the phone was powering but not holding a charge..

nimdae
Old
Thanks Meter 62
How long was it dead before attempting recharge? Did you attempt to use it with this low level of charge before recharging? You may have killed the battery.
Motorola DROID Mini
Running CM11 Nightly

Asus Transformer Book T100TA
Windows 8.1 until I can get Android working

knipp21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 578
it was dead for like 30 sec..the charging light doesnt glow anymore..it just flashes sometimes..

nimdae
Old
Thanks Meter 62
It sounds like the phone allowed the battery to discharge too far, which is a bit disconcerting. Do you have another battery to try?
Motorola DROID Mini
Running CM11 Nightly

knipp21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimdae View Post
It sounds like the phone allowed the battery to discharge too far, which is a bit disconcerting. Do you have another battery to try?
Took it to verizon...they gave me a new one and an extended battery for free

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA Premium App
I'm No dev, no need to donate. Just a simple thanks

Follow me on Google Plus!

https://plus.google.com/115380001456117289879/posts

jkbane
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
My wifes phones from what it sounds like did the same thing. only the orange led light shows up while plugged in. Took it to the store and they did not have a phone to replace it with, so are ordering a new phone which will not get here till Thursday. The sales rep let my wife borrow her personal spare phone which is a feature phone...They said it wont effect the data plan... i am nervous and dont trust that we will be able to get the data plan back on the new DINC2 when it gets here on Thursday.

This situation sucks...

voxigenboy
Old
Thanks Meter 159
I personally have had that weird flashing aswell... although under different circumstances. I was downloading some torrent and saw that the battery was getting low so I plugged it in to my car and about 10min later it started doing that flashing. When I grabbed it the back felt incredibly hot so I disconnected it and turned the phone off. Then I removed the battery and it felt like it was going to burn my hand so I set it down and let it cool off. Afterwards, I put it back in and it was ok again.

nimdae
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxigenboy View Post
I personally have had that weird flashing aswell... although under different circumstances. I was downloading some torrent and saw that the battery was getting low so I plugged it in to my car and about 10min later it started doing that flashing. When I grabbed it the back felt incredibly hot so I disconnected it and turned the phone off. Then I removed the battery and it felt like it was going to burn my hand so I set it down and let it cool off. Afterwards, I put it back in and it was ok again.
It's possible you were putting some very high demands on the device, and did not lighten the load when you plugged it in, asking it to charge an already warm battery. Then again, something in the battery could have shorted.
Motorola DROID Mini
Running CM11 Nightly

XDA PORTAL POSTS

TWRP Now Available for the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live

Over the past week or so, we’ve talkedquite a bit about the first … more

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more