Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,368 Members 44,148 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] SyncIt Public Beta

Tip us?

jug6ernaut
Old
(Last edited by jug6ernaut; 18th September 2011 at 03:04 AM.) Reason: Added tag :)
Retired Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 458
Default [App] SyncIt Public Beta

*** THIS IS A BETA PROGRAM ***
(Though it is fully function)

SyncIt is a basically a Dropbox extention, it uses the Dropbox API and your Dropbox Account to keep any specified file updated in you Dropbox as well as on any other Android devices with SyncIt installed.

What this means is say you have to have a certain game always up to date on all of your android devices? Well simply select it in SyncIt and have it installed on both devices and SyncIt will monitor that file and keep it up to date on both devices.

*** How To Use ***

Device 1 - Simply use the built in file explorer to select any file or folder(Pro) you wish to sync. They will automatically be uploaded as the files are updated. If you wish to add another device first go and long-press the given file/folder and click "Backup" for all of our files/folders listed.

Device 2-Ect - Simply login to, the files will be downloaded. Then go long press each file/folder and click "Restore". Once done for each file/folder you are ready to go. This is a one time process.

Browser Link

Market Link

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1316310654666.jpg
Views:	1195
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	722952   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1316310722041.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	722953   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1316310736820.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	722954   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1316311006024.png
Views:	127
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	722955   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1316311012756.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	722956  

-Active-
- Nexus5 -
- Nexus7.2 -

-Retired-
- Xperia Z2 - LG G2 - Xperia ZL - Samsung Note2 - Samsung Note1 - GalaxyNexus - Motorola Atrix - NexusOne - LG Expo - HTC TouchPro2 - HTC Kaiser - HTC Wizard -
- Nexus7 - HP Touchpad - Motorola Xoom -

"You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can not make them think."
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jug6ernaut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
WiredPirate Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is a great idea, thanks! I'm gonna try this on my Atrix/Cap. Does anybody know what directory most games save their progress files to.? Lately I have been playing PvZ, Peggle & Cut the Rope.

jug6ernaut
Old
Thanks Meter 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredPirate View Post
This is a great idea, thanks! I'm gonna try this on my Atrix/Cap. Does anybody know what directory most games save their progress files to.? Lately I have been playing PvZ, Peggle & Cut the Rope.
This app supports both regular file system and root file system. For plants vs zombies it is /data/data/com.popcap.pvz/ but I personally have not gotten pvz to work. But I used the hd version n regular version. If u have the sane version it should work. In the pvz dir ure gonna wanna sync /files/userdata/user.dat n user1.dat(there will b more if u have more users)

Sent from my MB860

-Active-
- Nexus5 -
- Nexus7.2 -

-Retired-
- Xperia Z2 - LG G2 - Xperia ZL - Samsung Note2 - Samsung Note1 - GalaxyNexus - Motorola Atrix - NexusOne - LG Expo - HTC TouchPro2 - HTC Kaiser - HTC Wizard -

The Following User Says Thank You to jug6ernaut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timtlm
Old
Thanks Meter 111
I like the idea of this app, but can't completely test it out because my tablet is at home at the moment. I have some questions. I have tested sharing a file, but it hasn't been uploaded to dropbox. I just have the SyncIt folder and the xml file in my dropbox. Do I have to have it installed on another device before it will upload? Any ideas what files I need to sync Angry Birds Rio and Cut the Rope? I was thinking about just syncing titanium backup files, but the actual data files would be more convenient.

jug6ernaut
Old
Thanks Meter 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
I like the idea of this app, but can't completely test it out because my tablet is at home at the moment. I have some questions. I have tested sharing a file, but it hasn't been uploaded to dropbox. I just have the SyncIt folder and the xml file in my dropbox. Do I have to have it installed on another device before it will upload? Any ideas what files I need to sync Angry Birds Rio and Cut the Rope? I was thinking about just syncing titanium backup files, but the actual data files would be more convenient.
No it should upload with just one device, but the version up right now is quite outdated now. I will upload a new version hopefully tomorrow. With this release there will b a paid ($1) n free version. Both versions are fully functional with the free version being linked to syncing 5 files. The full is unlimited with the additional feature if syncing while folders (dynamically).

As for angry birds this app works great for it (i use it for this my self lol) u would want to sync.

/data/data/com.rivio.*.files/.flurryagent.*

/data/data/com.rivio.*.files/highscore.lua

/data/data/com.rivio.*.files/settings.lua

Syncing these work, idk if they are all required tho.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

-Active-
- Nexus5 -
- Nexus7.2 -

-Retired-

timtlm
Old
(Last edited by timtlm; 15th July 2011 at 06:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jug6ernaut View Post
No it should upload with just one device, but the version up right now is quite outdated now. I will upload a new version hopefully tomorrow. With this release there will b a paid ($1) n free version. Both versions are fully functional with the free version being linked to syncing 5 files. The full is unlimited with the additional feature if syncing while folders (dynamically).

As for angry birds this app works great for it (i use it for this my self lol) u would want to sync.

/data/data/com.rivio.*.files/.flurryagent.*

/data/data/com.rivio.*.files/highscore.lua

/data/data/com.rivio.*.files/settings.lua

Syncing these work, idk if they are all required tho.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
I would be happy to pay for an app that does this. I am actually surprised it hasn't got more attention. I imagine google eventually adding a native solution much like how apple has icloud to backup/sync application data. Anyway, I still haven't been able to get it to upload anything. The xml file in dropbox lists the file name I tested, but that file isn't in the SyncIt folder in my dropbox. I then deleted the first file I chose to sync in the app, and then chose the 3 files you mentioned for Angry Birds. However, the xml file has not been updated to reflect the new files, and nothing has been uploaded to dropbox. I'm running a version of CM7.1 (Android 2.3.4) on my Evo. I suppose I can just wait for the updated version. I do have some suggestions for future versions of the app. Using a file explorer to share with the app only lets you choose one file at a time (unless there is some other file explorer program that will let you). If you allowed file choosing within the app, you could probably allow for folders and multiple files. Also, what would be really cool is if you could just choose from a list of apps the data you would like to sync. I assume this is possible since Titanium Backup lets you backup and restore app data associated with an app. Also, a few more control settings would be nice like only sync while connected to wifi and/or while plugged in.

EDIT: also, every time I turn my screen on a get a Loading Finished bubble a few seconds later.

jug6ernaut
Old
Thanks Meter 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
I would be happy to pay for an app that does this. I am actually surprised it hasn't got more attention. I imagine google eventually adding a native solution much like how apple has icloud to backup/sync application data. Anyway, I still haven't been able to get it to upload anything. The xml file in dropbox lists the file name I tested, but that file isn't in the SyncIt folder in my dropbox. I then deleted the first file I chose to sync in the app, and then chose the 3 files you mentioned for Angry Birds. However, the xml file has not been updated to reflect the new files, and nothing has been uploaded to dropbox. I'm running a version of CM7.1 (Android 2.3.4) on my Evo. I suppose I can just wait for the updated version. I do have some suggestions for future versions of the app. Using a file explorer to share with the app only lets you choose one file at a time (unless there is some other file explorer program that will let you). If you allowed file choosing within the app, you could probably allow for folders and multiple files. Also, what would be really cool is if you could just choose from a list of apps the data you would like to sync. I assume this is possible since Titanium Backup lets you backup and restore app data associated with an app. Also, a few more control settings would be nice like only sync while connected to wifi and/or while plugged in.

EDIT: also, every time I turn my screen on a get a Loading Finished bubble a few seconds later.
Yes SyncIt runs every time u turn your phone on or off(thats when it checks if there is anything new). While this sounds like a bad idea(battery wise) the way ive implemented it it uses very little. I will most likely remove the "Loading Finished" toast.

As i said in my prior post(but did not elaborate on, or maybe i didnt say it. im to lazy to look xD). The new version will support adding files from external file explorers as well it will have a internal file browser that supports root. With it you will be able to select files(not multiple tho, maybe in an update) and folders. When selecting a folder it will sync all files in all sub folders up to a certain cumulative size(dont wanna kill dropbox lol).

IDK why my ur version wouldn't work, tho to clear it out completely u would need to delete the syncit folder in dropbox online then clear the cache of SyncIt. Otherwise it will just download the version from dropbox. New version will have an option to clear all.

-Active-
- Nexus5 -
- Nexus7.2 -

-Retired-

vamp6x6x6x
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Will this work with every game bc I have to admit their are quite a few games that I hate having to start over again just bc I got another android device to play it on.
Phone: Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile
Rom: Stock

Tablet: Nexus 7(2013)

jug6ernaut
Old
Thanks Meter 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp6x6x6x View Post
Will this work with every game bc I have to admit their are quite a few games that I hate having to start over again just bc I got another android device to play it on.
Honestly its trial & error. I have tried with two games Plants vs Zombies and Angry Birds, PvZ did not work(very sad about this) but Angry Birds did. These are the only two games ive tried.

-Active-
- Nexus5 -
- Nexus7.2 -

-Retired-

timtlm
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Well, I eventually tried this on my asus transformer and got it to upload to Dropbox. It did start syncing to my phone and all my progress from angry birds on my tablet synced over to my phone. However, when I completed a level on my phone, that would not sync back to the tablet. I did get my phone to upload to Dropbox, though, after reinstalling the program. However, when I turn my tablet on, my tablet won't download the from Dropbox. When I open angry birds back up, none of the progress from the the phone is there. Then, I go to my phone and my old progress from the the tablet is synced back to the phone and I have to complete the level again. I will keep testing to see if I can get it to work correctly. There are definitely some bugs. Sometimes I get a force close on my phone. Also there is a big delay in asking for root permissions. I completely uninstalled/reinsalled it from my phone yesterday and it wasn't till today that it asked for root permissions.