[HOW-TO] Updating to Mango Beta without Dev Unlock

Search This thread

tom_codon

Sep 29, 2006
www.tom-codon.tk
Simply follow the instructions included with the PDF, but instead of running MangoB2-DevRetailUpdate.exe, run this file.
Everything else is exactly the same. No need to run MangoB2-DevRetailUpdate.exe aftewards.

No dev unlock required, no Zune check, no WP Dev SDK check.
Thanks to ne0cr0n for the idea!

http://www.mediafire.com/?r3o8r3hmvd79nd5
Tried and tested on my own phone. Works 100%

Error "Updatewp.exe is not found" there

Tom

Reactions: wikiwooo

Badcam3

Feb 17, 2010
Downers Grove
Simply follow the instructions included with the PDF, but instead of running MangoB2-DevRetailUpdate.exe, run this file.
Everything else is exactly the same. No need to run MangoB2-DevRetailUpdate.exe aftewards.

I got the Mango Beta update invitation and I downloaded it and installed it the thing is my account is not fully activated so I can not unlock it officially. When I updated the device to the Mango Beta I lost my Chevron unlock... So its kind of problem... You will not be able to sideload apps with out a fully activated dev account... I know that Chevron labs is coming out soon but we shouldnt have to pay for something like this... Does anyone know what I/everyone else can do so we can sideload apps without having to use the official MS way or the Chevron labs way?

Reactions: wbadry

walshieau

Nov 7, 2006

One warning I will say, make sure you SAVE the backup it makes, there is no upgrade path from Beta Mango to RTM. You need to revert to the backup before an upgrade path to Mango RTM.

Reactions: skirtsfly

Liftboy

Jan 24, 2010
Hamburg
Mhhh,

I just played to get the Betaupdate. I think infact of the chevronwp7 I got an error while updating to Mango.

Anybody else in this club?

Regards
Frank

Attachments

• Fehler.jpg
    Fehler.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,709

xs2k

Nov 12, 2008
OP, what PDF are you talking about? There's only 1 file in the "provision.zip" zip file.

ne0cr0n

Nov 13, 2009
OP, what PDF are you talking about? There's only 1 file in the "provision.zip" zip file.

i think he is talking about the pdf contained in the downloadpackage for developers.

there are 4 parts

update documentation
zune prerelease
zune update
and the MangoB2-DevRetailUpdate.exe

you have to install the zune client and update. afterwards you can use the cracked MangoB2-DevRetailUpdate.exe to bring mango on your phone.

xs2k

Nov 12, 2008
i think he is talking about the pdf contained in the downloadpackage for developers.

there are 4 parts

update documentation
zune prerelease
zune update
and the MangoB2-DevRetailUpdate.exe

you have to install the zune client and update. afterwards you can use the cracked MangoB2-DevRetailUpdate.exe to bring mango on your phone.

Nevermind...everything worked...just took a bit of time to reboot.

Last edited:

imotz

Aug 22, 2008
ive updatet my trophy
you must update 2 times one time to 7441 and the to 7661 version
it takes abou 1 houer to update

registry editor and advanced config dont work it comes an message "dieses programm wurde von microsoft wiederufen, deinstallieren sie es" ~ "this app was blocked from microsoft pleas uninstall it"
very bad also the 16bit bug is back no 32bit for me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Tom

You still have to follow the rest of the steps. One of the steps is to run the appropriate version of MangoB2-UpdateWP-....exe! That puts the UpdateWP.exe file in the right location (Zune folder in Program Files)
    For all those having problems with updateWP.exe crashing - make sure you dont have Widnows Phone Support Tools Installed. Removing the support tools fixes crashing issue.

Tom

I got the Mango Beta update invitation and I downloaded it and installed it the thing is my account is not fully activated so I can not unlock it officially. When I updated the device to the Mango Beta I lost my Chevron unlock... So its kind of problem... You will not be able to sideload apps with out a fully activated dev account... I know that Chevron labs is coming out soon but we shouldnt have to pay for something like this... Does anyone know what I/everyone else can do so we can sideload apps without having to use the official MS way or the Chevron labs way?