[GUIDE] Fre3vo / Fre3dom Official Thread
[GUIDE] Fre3vo / Fre3dom Official Thread (Discontinued)
#teamwin is proud to announce the Fre3vo tool for the HTC EVO 3D and Sensation!
What is Fre3vo: Fre3vo is a temp-root acquiring tool, allowing users access to a root shell on their HTC EVO 3D and Sensation devices.
What is Fre3dom: Fre3dom was the name of the tool being developed to enable S-OFF on the EVO 3D and Sensation. This has been abandon since AlphaRevX has announced on twitter that they've had the devices open for weeks now.
Fre3vo can be downloaded here: http://tinyw.in/1lJ
1. You must be able to push files via adb to your device.
2. You must know what a shell is.
1. Download the fre3vo zip
2. Unzip the fre3vo binary
3. Push the binary via 'adb push fre3vo /data/local/tmp'
4. Change the permissions via 'adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo'
5. Run the binary via 'adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo'
If all goes well, you'll be kicked back to your computer's command prompt. (Some may get more messages, but it seems the Sensation buffers the stderr more than the EVO 3D)
run 'adb shell' and you should have a '#' prompt instead of '%'.
This is temporary root. A reboot will clobber it. There are many threads with scripts for doing what the community has dubbed "perma-temp root", which lets you run all your root-based apps.