[ROM] [2.3.5] Trigger » 08/22
Goal of this ROM is to add G2x specific functionality/features/fixes to CM7, along with some extra user customizability. If at least one person finds this useful, I have done my job!
- Android 2.3.5 - based on newest CM commits to github!
- 1080p recording
- pre-rooted of course
- custom hard-reboot option added to fix data issues!
- touch to focus
- fast & stable!
Tweaks & More options:
- clock options (hide, ampm, small ampm)
- signal options (hide, show dbm text & more)
- show H icon instead of 4G
- Optionally install Bloater to download extra GPS configs to make it lock on super quick!
- and more!
, both cameras still work wonderfully though. just seems to be a type I can't find (and no it's not in Camera.apk
-A2DP bluetooth not working
-Cyanogenmod & Team Douche
-faux123 (special thanks to Faux for helping me and answering my dumb questions)
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe dalvik cache
- format /system
- flash ROM
- fix permissions
- open up settings > extra tweaks & grant that app super user permissions
- long press power > reboot > hard reboot (this will always fix your data!)
- install Bloater for extra GPS configs!
- go into EDT Tweaks and adjust the icons to your liking!
- just a code base update (cm7)
(just to keep my releases in sync between g2x/vibrant)
-added external gps functionality (from gerrit, thanks xoror)
-lots of honeycomb fixes
--- now has custom app launchers, tap outside little circle and inside big circle to activate, lock will disappear. Must set apps you want to launch in Tweaks first.
-including gapps again
* removed gapps from build, flash separately :)
* added in a possible fix for battery FC (let me know)
* as always, latest CM changes as of right before the build
* changed to new versioning system to make it easier for me to keep all releases more or less the same between devices (using dates) to keep my sanity
* adding gapps in automagically from now on!
* new option to set the clock to the center
* MIUI battery code enhancements
* Tweaks minor bug fixes
* Honeycomb lockscreen! Access from CyanogenMod settings > Lockscreen > Style Options > Lockscreen Style (did this to be consistent with other CM lockscreen settings)
*** taking suggestions on how to improve this. I may add custom app launchers to each quadrant, but still listening to what you guys have to say. Do you even like it? Etc.
build 14 - 7/29
* MIUI battery bar (selectable from Extra Tweaks -> Battery Options) - thanks sbrissen!
* more LED notification stability code
build 13 - 7/27
* fixed recovery not rebooting into recovery
* fixed colors not changing on "auto" settings
build 12 - 7/26
* upgraded to Android 2.3.5 via CM (includes latest nightly changes)
* included Launcher Pro & Bloater
* re-structured a lot of my backend coding for my tweaks (app & system) to allow for easy future expansion
** while I recoded it, I included the CM7-style color picker some of you were asking for for my tweaks (custom hex codes)
** You won't see much change, but just know it took forever :)
* added LED toggle in Extra Tweaks
future plans: Trigger theme, custom wallpapers, more customizations. In time.
build 11 - 7/14
-fixed a bug in tweaks where it wouldn't save your custom settings
-updated changes from newest CM source
-that's it for now! maybe more later :D
build 10 - 7/7
-fixed power off bug (it actual powers off now!)
-fixed all funky reboot behaviors
-re-added custom battery mod settings in tweaks
--can toggle on/off every element & customize it, just play with it
-as always, synced to newest cm changes
note: anything you see greyed out in the CM Settings that you think shouldn't be, it likely means I've replaced those functions and the settings are in the Extra Tweaks setting. I did this in order to avoid any conflicts with the CM code :). It wil never be less functionality either, only more.
build 9 - 7/6
-based off CM7 now for more features and awesomeness!
-no theming or aesthetical change (maybe some custom wallpapers later, but I'm not a themer)
-newest CM changes
---touch to focus in camera, screenshot from power menu
-custom hard reboot option added to reboot menu that will fix data
-battery customizations currently disabled to avoid conflict with CM battery mods
-that's it for now!
build 8 - 7/3
-fixed media scanner (music wasn't showing up properly)
-fixed small battery display bug where it would reappear after hiding
-added widget grouping when selecting them on your homescreen
build 6 - 7/2
--added ability to hide signal bars
--battery icon hides instantly now
--signal icon changes instantly between H/4G
--added ability to show signal strength in dbm in statusbar
--added ability to automatically color dbm based on what the statusbar would be (0, 1, 2, 3, 4)
--can set color to static
--i think that's it for the tweaks
--faux's latest framework fixes (check github histories)
--enabled high bitrate full hd recording (1080p)
--updated kernel to 0.2.8 (faux, ilu)
--i'm sure i missed a couple of other minor things here
build 5 - 7/1
-hid tweaks in app drawer
-added ability to toggle between H icon and 4G icon in tweaks settings
---BUG! it will do a soft reboot on you when you switch it. it's also likely that you may have to do a hard reboot after that to get data back. this will be fixed in the next release :)
-upgraded faux's kernel to 0.2.7 & other fixes (check github histories for extended info if you like)
-decreased padding on statusbar elements so it looks less wonky
-I think that's it, spent a couple hours working on getting github worked out properly last night!
build 4 - 6/30
-initial public release
Q: Can I flash an upgrade without wiping data?
A: Sometimes it's okay to do so, but other times it will conflict with the new updates. Best bet is to do a CWM backup, and a Titanium backup before you try anything if you don't know what you're doing. If you run into any issues or funny behavior, just do a data wipe.
Q: Sometimes my GAPPS are missing, why?
A: Everytime you flash the ROM or an upgrade to it, you MUST flash the Gapps package. It takes an extra 3 seconds, don't complain! I try and keep all upgrades on ROM Manager, you can have it install the Gapps for you right after it installs the ROM.
Q: Ok, but how do I avoid having to sign into Google?
A: When you flash an upgrade, be sure to flash the gapps while you're still in recovery before rebooting. That way you will still be signed in. So, flash the ROM, then flash gapps without rebooting.
- thank you goo-inside.me for awesome hosting!
Trigger 8/22 w/gapps
Newest releases may not be in RM. I usually have them up after a day or two.