[Guide] Shorten WiMAX (4G) Reconnection Time After a Loss of Signal
Originally posted for the HTC EVO 4G WiMAX connection issues: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=726877
Your MSL code (See Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=697487
Turn OFF your 4G radio if it is turned on!
1) Click on phone and dial ##DATA# (##3282#)
2) Click on "Edit Mode"
3) Type in your MSL code (see above if you don't have it yet)
4) Click on the menu entry "WiMAX"
5) Scroll down the list and click on "WiMAX_Scan_Retry(s)"
6) Enter the number 15 and click "OK" (This equals 15 seconds instead of 300 seconds)
7) Scroll down the list and click on "WiMAX_Entry_Delay(s)"
8) Enter the number 0 and click "OK" (This equals 0 seconds instead of 300 seconds)
9) Press the "Menu" key and click on "Commit Modifications"
10) Grab a cup of coffee, get a bite to eat, or sit back and wait for your EVO to restart
After modifying the settings for WiMAX, the phone will reconnect to the 4G tower in as little as 20 seconds
after being disconnected!
This is a HUGE improvement over the 5+ minutes to reconnect if a loss of signal occurs (300+ seconds).
Sprint HTC EVO 3D