[HowTo] use 3G Dongle on TF101 *UPDATED 04/13/2012*
(First sorry for my very bad english. It's not my natural language but I do my best for sharing with you
04/13 - UPDATE:
Now 3G works for ICS with some ROMs like Megatron
Revolver will be based on TF101G ICS ROM soon.
09/17 - UPDATE:
Roach2010 and gnufabio have developped an apk that enable Mobile Network settings (for 3G dongle
Their APK change the bootloader. (Read more
So maybe this thread has no purpose except for issues and for the list of compatible dongles. If you have a dongle which work and which is not in the list.....
11/08 - UPDATE: 3G dongle works too with Extension-Kit/TFUSB1 Asus P/N 90-XB2UOKEX00020
You can find it here: http://shop.asus.fr/shop/fr/fr-FR/Ho...S-Eee-Pad.aspx (Thanks to ValenteL for information)
Bellow you can find the first post
There is probably other ways to make the 3G Dongle
working on TF101 but here you can find how we have done.
The follow lines work to have Prime v1.5 installed on your Transformer (works with any version!)
Then you could upgrade to Revolver 2.1.
Otherwise you can directly nvflash your TF101 with the Revolver 2.5 NVFlashed
version of cuckoopt
You just have to follow instructions on this post
Don't forget to thank him if it works for you
Note: SetCpu doesn't seem to work. I don't know if the issue is coming from Revolver or HC. By re-installing SetCpu, it works one time then crashes.
A. Prime V1.5 Installation:
You have to backup all your data/apk from your Internal SD Card because we will make a clean install. So use your backup software.
Becareful. if you project to use Titanium Backup, his backup files are on the internal SD Card so afterwards, you have to move it to your MicroSD (from /mnt/sdcard/Titatium Backup to /data/Removable/MicroSD)
Download NVFlash: http://www.filefactory.com/file/ccda97c/n/nvflash.zip
then the NVFlash version of Prime v1.5: http://www.sdx-downloads.com/devs/ro...vflash.tar.bz2
Updated note: I am not able to activate the Mobile Network option with version 1.6 (even Zip version for ClockWorkMod nor NVFlash version).
But some people have succesfully activated it by flashing NetFinder 1.5 just after the fresh Install of Prime v1.6 and before rebooting the system ; it means in the same CWM
unpack NVFlash and Prime v1.5 in the same directory. The image files of Prime v1.5 should be unpacked into the NVFLashTF folder.
Connect your TF101 to your PC via USB. Then hold the volume UP and Power button until a NEW device named "APX" appears in the Device Manager. Note that the screen of the Transformer stays black.
Click on the APX to install drivers from directory USBPCDriver (included in NVFlash.zip)
info: I used Windows XP 32 bits.
Then run Download.bat if you are on Windows, download.sh for Linux users
When NVFlash is ended, reboot your TF101.
During boot, there is a setup wizard. Choose connection with "3G and Wifi", not "only Wifi"!!
At this step, you must have the Mobile Network option in Parameters.
Download Maxh2003 Script: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?...=post&id=73836
(you need to be a register user on Modaco
You could find another link some posts after!)
Download the Patch files for ACER A500 tab: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1309189189
Unzip the script and the Patch file in the same directory.
If you want to upgrade to Revolver 2.1 version
(HoneyComb 3.2), you must stop here and go to step B
Otherwise continue chapter A.
Connect your TF101 and run install-TF101.bat
Mobile Network option is here.
B. REVOLVER 2.1 Installation
Do a fresh install of Prime v1.5 NVFlsh version.
If it's not the case go back to the begin of this post and execute steps A.1 to A.9. then go back to B.2
Download this file
If you read this, Prime v1.5 NVFlash version is installed and you are in CWM Recovery screen.
Install the Recovery 2.1 version (Full). DON'T WIPE DATA
At the end, just reboot your system and verify that Mobile Network option is still here.
Then we have to install drivers for your dongle
(see the list below for compatible dongles).
Let your TF101 on, connect it to your PC via USB cable and run install-TF101.bat via cmd.exe from Windows (tested under Windows XP x86 and Windows 7 x64)
C. List of COMPATIBLE DONGLES
if your dongle is not in this list, but works with TF101
, please tell me. It will be added to the list
D. About LED on HUAWEI 3G Dongle:
* ZTE MF 639 (might need roaming enabled to get data working)
* Alcatel X225L (thx to urko95)
* Vodafone K3765-H
* Vodafone K3715
* Vodafone K3565 / Huawei E160
* Huawei E156G (thx to sh337 for testing)
* Huawei E160G (thx to htc-hd2. His post)
* Huawei E161 (thx to zumbik. His post)
* Huawei E169
* Huawai E170
* Huawai E171
* Huawei E173 (ATTENTION: E173 EVO version NOT COMPATIBLE - thx to sronweb for his tests - Read more)
* Huawei E180 (thx to ValenteL. His post)
* Huawei E220 (thx to eyz. Connexion seems to be not stable. Read more)
* Huawei E270 (thx to eyz. His post)
* Huawei E1550
* Huawei E1552
* Huawei E1692
* Huawei E1750
* Huawei E1752
* Huawei E1762 (thx to bennyyen. His post)
* Huawei E1820
* Huawei E1823 (Thx to bswpt. His post)
* Huawei E2010 (Thx to madangryscientis. His post)
* HUAWEI K3520
* HUAWEI K3565 -Rev 2
The LED indicator displays the current connection status of your Orange E1752 dongle
, with each colour representing a different status:
When the LED displays green and is blinking twice every three seconds, this means that the dongle is powered on.
When the LED displays green and is blinking once every three seconds, this means that the dongle is attempting to register onto a 2G network.
When the LED displays blue and is blinking once every three seconds, this means that the dongle is attempting to register onto a 3G network.
When the LED displays solid green, this means that the dongle is connected onto a 2G network.
When the LED displays solid blue, this means that the dongle is connected onto a 3G network.
When the LED displays solid cyan, this means that the dongle is connected onto a 3G+ network
When the LED displays no colour, this means that the dongle is removed.
And dont forget to turn off the composite device of the 3G dongle
Here how to do (thanks to Matchstick from Modaco who wrote these lines
Remerciements/Thanks to AndroidRoot.mobi for NVFlash, Paul for Prime!, Maxh2003 for his script and help, Matchstick for his help, Dexter_nlb for his A500 patch and, of course, all our developers and users who help us.
You can test this by plugging the stick into a PC and seeing if it detects the modem as a CD or Memory stick device as well as a modem.
If it does then the method I used to turn off the composite device (on Windows 7) was:
1) Install the software and drivers for the modem under windows and make sure that the connection software sees the modem correctly.
2) Go to Settings/Control Panel/Device Manager and if you expand the Modems section you should see your USB modem listed there
3) Double click on the entry for the modem to get the properties panel up and selected the Modem tab
4) You should see a line at the very top of the tab that says something like Port: COM11 - This is the virtual serial port that the PC uses to talk to the modem which we're going to use to send the command to turn off all the stuff we don't want.
5) Next we want to install a serial console application. PuTTY is perfect for this. If you don't have a copy you can get if from here,
6) Run putty, select Serial under Connection Typem and enter the port we found in step 4 (eg COM11) into the box marked Serial Line and press the Open button
7) An empty window should pop up, which if things are working correctly is connected to the Modem
8) Type "ATI" into the window (without the quotes) and press return. The ATI command asks the modem for basic information and it should respond with something like
9) If you see this then you are connected correctly, if you don't see a response try physicaly unplugging and reconnecting the modem into a different USB port and start again from step 2 after windows has loaded the drivers for the modem.
10) Assuming everything is OK, the we can send the command to turn off the stuff we don't want. To do this simply type "AT^U2DIAG=0" (again without quotes) into the putty window. you should see the response OK.
11) If you do then the composite device features should now be turned off and you are ready to try the modem in your transformer.
- Last 4.3 Stock Rom
- Last 4.4.2 Stock Rom
ASUS TF101G 16 Go - B80
- Cyanogen 9 with 3G
Note 10.1 Edition 2014 SM-P600 16 Go
- Last 4.4.2 Stock Rom
Do you want 3G Mobile Network on your TF101 with Honeycomb?